Are there any cell phones right now that have 1% of the market?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT
Just out of curiosity I was wondering if the Razor or any cell phone model owns 1% of the market? Because if the most popular phone does not have 1% yet that means Apple will have its hands full hitting that number.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Actually, as I read analysts' reports they're starting to say Apple may beat their initial projections.

I've never seen reports on individual phones as a percentage of market share. Most reports are based on company market share.

One report I just read says that in Q1 of 2006 Motorola had 20.6% of the world cellphone market (probably based in dollar figures). That probably puts the Razr well above 1% of the total cell phone market.

The tough job for Apple is they are not just selling a cellphone that, often, at least in the US, come free with your service. They are trying to sell 10 million $500 smart phones in 2008. By comparison Palm has sold maybe a million Treo's in the past year. So, Apple says they're going to do 10X that.

All-in-all it's a bold and dangerous gamble on the part of Apple. But I also believe it's what will put them on top of the world electronics market in years to come.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Just out of curiosity I was wondering if the Razor or any cell phone model owns 1% of the market? Because if the most popular phone does not have 1% yet that means Apple will have its hands full hitting that number.
I think Apple plans to offer a family of phones just like most phone makers. I don't think they are planning on selling 10 Mil of the current model, but who knows maybe they will ;).