Are there any GPS apps in the works?

EdmondT

Jul 6, 2007
I've done a search and surprising cannot find any posts discussing whether there are any GPS applications available or in the works for the iPhone.

anyone know anything about this?

Edmond

joshwgnr

Jan 7, 2008
they can not and will not add gps to this generation of iPhone... its a hardware application that needs to be added. apparently they have location triangulation coming in the next update but we'll see. hopefully the next iPhone will have gps

edit: there is however, peripheral that can be purchased for gps... i should have added that

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I've done a search and surprising cannot find any posts discussing whether there are any GPS applications available or in the works for the iPhone.

anyone know anything about this?

Edmond

There has been rumors that the next upgrade will have a psuedo GPS by using triangleation of the cellphone towers.

If you are Jailbroken, that is already avail in 3rd party app.

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA
There has been rumors that the next upgrade will have a psuedo GPS by using triangleation of the cellphone towers.

If you are Jailbroken, that is already avail in 3rd party app.
we sill see tomorrow....

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Is your info not correct?

Yeah thats it, did you see me in the back yard by the pool with the topless chick when you switched to sat view?

Now, where is your engineer Buddy, Glendale?

Last edited by a moderator:

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
Yeah thats it, did you see me in the back yard by the pool with the topless chick when you switched to sat view?

Now, where is your engineer Buddy, Glendale?

LOL! Great pic! It'd be great as a wallpaper for my phone.