are there any headphones with a mic that are any good?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
getting tired of the Apple ones that came with the phone.
I have heard good things about the UltimateBuds http://www.ultimatebuds.com/
They take the standard Apple cord and mod it with some nice earbuds. Haven't tried them myself yet because right now I am using my Bose buds with the adapter from Seidio http://store.everythingiPhone.com/content/accessories/73-75--2927.htm
I really like using this adapter in the car but not so much with headphones.
I am waiting for V-moda to come out with their set that is supposed to have a fully functioning click mic. (ie...will pause and skip songs as well as answer phone). This is rumored to be out in October and since the Apple store carries the current one (without the pause and skip function) then I may end up spending my $100 coupon on those. Trying to decide between that or giving up the cash for the ultimatebuds.

I know this doesn't completely answer your question, but maybe it will give you something else to think about.

Sele

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
are the vmoda-duo's any good
I have not yet tried them since I am waiting for the ones with the clicker, but everything that I have read on them said that they were real good. Hopefully someone with some actual experience with them will chip in here.

Domin8stang

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
i bought the v-modas and i love them...yes it sucks that they don't have the clicker, but i will pick up a new set for sure when they come out, and hang onto these ones as a backup :)

sele

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
After seeing that last week, I took apart my iPhone earbuds, and some Sony earbuds & made my own that I like. It does look strange with the white cord, and black earbuds, but it fits my ears & sounds good IMO.
I thought of doing that too, but I am not real good with stuff like that and am afraid that I will mess up a good set of buds.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
lots of posts/reviews on this topic if u haven't already searched. Bottom line relative to your request is that there are only 4 options with fully functional mike/clicker available at this time: the original Apple earbud, the Shure earbud, the rivets, and the ultimate buds. I think Shure also makes a mike/clicker adapter, but due to placement in the line that doesn't seem too good a solution.

I settled on the ultimate buds. My opinion is that the sound is fantastic - very well balanced and detailed. Service is also stellar from ultimate. Comfort for me is a bit of an issue so far as, like the shures (and vmodas?), they have to go deep in the ear to make a good seal which then results in great bass. Im getting used to this still.

Wet1

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
CT Shoreline
After seeing that last week, I took apart my iPhone earbuds, and some Sony earbuds & made my own that I like. It does look strange with the white cord, and black earbuds, but it fits my ears & sounds good IMO.
I also have a set of Sony buds I really like. Would you mind posting more info on how you did it to get it to come out looking clean?