Are there any sites that you always use the desktop version for?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
While many mobile versions are very well designed there are some very poor ones that are much more limited in navigability and usually don't let u zoom. Anyone do this on certain pages? Which ones specifically?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I always browse sites in a desktop fashion. I'm not a fan of the mobile themes, I find them hard to navigate through.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Why? You don't think any mobile versions are good?
No, they're almost always lacking stuff from the desktop version. Plus if I already know how to navigate the desktop version, I don't want to have to re-learn just for a mobile template.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I prefer google set as a web app on my homescreen instead of the actual google app. You end up going to safari most times anyway so may as well start there.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
While many mobile versions are very well designed there are some very poor ones that are much more limited in navigability and usually don't let u zoom. Anyone do this on certain pages? Which ones specifically?
Drudgereport.com

Heacon

Bronze
Nov 3, 2011
Many things are easier and better in desktop version... It seems like in mobile version of newspapers they cut stuff out.. Especielly those i read and for some reason i cant read comments in mobile version grrr

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iCafe app

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Many things are easier and better in desktop version... It seems like in mobile version of newspapers they cut stuff out.. Especielly those i read and for some reason i cant read comments in mobile version grrr

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iCafe app
I think the main reason when I browse sites in Dekstop mode is because I already know my way around the site in that particular fashion. In my experience the mobile themes people add to their sites are usually laggy and horrible to look at.