Are these the correct setting for MMS to work in 3.0?

dalejrsfan

Bronze
Mar 1, 2009
Version 3.0(7A341)
Carrier AT&T 5.0

I have family msg unlimited-includes: multimedia messaging, text/instant msgs. Befor I call to see why I cant send mms, I just wanted to make sure everything is correct first. Also I don't have the camera icon, even after following even after following shutter13's directions in another thread. What should I do next? Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
So you already rebooted the phone in addition to having your AT&T account "provisioned for MMS", right?

dalejrsfan

Bronze
Mar 1, 2009
So you already rebooted the phone in addition to having your AT&T account "provisioned for MMS", right?
Yes I have rebooted, but do I have everything else correct (settings wise) before I do make the call to AT&T. Thanks

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Yes I have rebooted, but do I have everything else correct (settings wise) before I do make the call to AT&T. Thanks
If you don't have the camera icon calling AT&T won't help. It looks like the carrier update didn't unhide the mms options

dalejrsfan

Bronze
Mar 1, 2009
Is there a different .ipcc that will bring the camera icon back? Or am I out of luck until the actual release/

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Is there a different .ipcc that will bring the camera icon back? Or am I out of luck until the actual release/
The one shutter posted is the one I have been using so I don't know what is wrong. Maybe it is locked out of adding to the GM release better.

dalejrsfan

Bronze
Mar 1, 2009
Now that I think about it, when I was updating the .ipcc I don't remember the phone taking the update. It said it was updating in iTunes and it went away like it sent it to the phone!

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Now that I think about it, when I was updating the .ipcc I don't remember the phone taking the update. It said it was updating in iTunes and it went away like it sent it to the phone!
Yeah, it's really quick.

Under your Settings > Messages, is there an option to turn MMS on or off?

dalejrsfan

Bronze
Mar 1, 2009
No. I used to have that option, but it was removed with the camera icon when I updated to the beta 5! Thanks again for your help.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
No. I used to have that option, but it was removed with the camera icon when I updated to the beta 5! Thanks again for your help.
Was it there when you loaded the iTunes beta 4 version and updated the ipcc like shutter suggested?

dalejrsfan

Bronze
Mar 1, 2009
To be honest, I didn't look to see befor I updated the .ipcc. Just be clear when you say iTunes beta 4 version, you mean the iTunes version that came with beta 4 release, not the beta 4 version itself?

What I meant by this is I don't have to revert back to the beta 4, update the .ipcc and then back to the 3.0 GM.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
To be honest, I didn't look to see befor I updated the .ipcc. Just be clear when you say iTunes beta 4 version, you mean the iTunes version that came with beta 4 release, not the beta 4 version itself?

What I meant by this is I don't have to revert back to the beta 4, update the .ipcc and then back to the 3.0 GM.
Yes that is the iTunes, the one released with beta 4. DO NOT revert back to beta 4 since it is expired.

dalejrsfan

Bronze
Mar 1, 2009
Thats what I thought. Just wanted to clarify! So I'm pretty much out of luck and have to wait it seems....unless you have any other ideas?

dalejrsfan

Bronze
Mar 1, 2009
Ugh! Very frustrating, thought I had a shot with this one. Anyway, I do appeciate all your help and thank you watcher and iphun!

billinaz

Bronze
Jan 27, 2008
Yes, you can make MMS work with the GM 3.0 and the current iTunes version.

I got mine working again last night. Takes about 15 minutes.

Follow the instructions in the other thread on this.

It does work. I restored mine, no problem. It works great.

dalejrsfan

Bronze
Mar 1, 2009
Yes, you can make MMS work with the GM 3.0 and the current iTunes version.

I got mine working again last night. Takes about 15 minutes.

Follow the instructions in the other thread on this.

It does work. I restored mine, no problem. It works great.
What do you mean by restored? Meaning you got MMS working again? I thought you can only update the .ipcc file. Or did you you restore your phone befor you followed shutter's directions?

billinaz

Bronze
Jan 27, 2008
I meant I restored the MMS function. I lost it when I went from Beta 4 to Beta 5. Something happened when I tried to update, and I had to restore the phone... that replaced the ipcc file.

I simply went back to the iTunes from beta 4 and updated the ipcc file.

I reinstalled the current version of itumes and the MMS is still there.

antman901

Jun 13, 2009
I meant I restored the MMS function. I lost it when I went from Beta 4 to Beta 5. Something happened when I tried to update, and I had to restore the phone... that replaced the ipcc file.

I simply went back to the iTunes from beta 4 and updated the ipcc file.

I reinstalled the current version of itumes and the MMS is still there.
the version that was included with beta 4(8.20.10) is now the current version so what version are u reinstalling when u say the current version?

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
the version that was included with beta 4(8.20.10) is now the current version so what version are u reinstalling when u say the current version?
if it came with beta 4 that is not the current version, there is atleast one newer, if not two.