Are they all flawed? Or is it just me?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

808flip

Jul 23, 2007
Ok, so maybe I'm a bit OCD over my new phone, but its 600 bucks so why not right? My first phone had a screen that was unlevel and thereforee made putting it into the dock almost impossible. So I returned it and now my second phone seems to have flaws too. Now these aren't as noticible but I'm paranoid now after the first incident I had.... I think..... Ok well this phone's screen is flush to one side of the metal siding and thereforee quite far away from the other side. The left side of the glass(which has a gap btween it and the metal) is accumulating a ton of dust and its only been 2 days. I can even see what looks like a piece of sand in there. (no I didn't bring it to the beach, I live in Hawaii) anyways, to add to this, on the bottom of the face of the phone, on the balck part where the home button is, the gap between the glass and the metal allows a bit of light to come through. Its not a lot, just a dot actually... Should I return it and try to get another one that's, well, perfect or at least closer to it?

Other than this, the rest of the phone is fine. No dead pixels,no unresponsiveness, and excellent bartery life. The only thing here thats driving me batty is that this thing cost me 600 dollars, so shouldnt it be pretty dam perfect? Insights? Anyof you out there have similar issues? Should i return it? Or let the flaws go.....

Thanks!

808flip

Jul 23, 2007
could they simply tell me that my phone is ok and is working fine though? The flaws are minor yet still present, quite oticibake too when you look closely... Apple will just exchange it for me if I complain?

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
My phone was purchased the day they came out and I'm yet to have a single issue. It's possible you happened to get a couple bad ones or maybe I just got a good one.

Zman-iPhone

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Mine is perfet as well, just a couple of apps close here and there, but that happens to everyone, even if they say it doesn't

Return it and ne happy with your new one, and yes, you might be a little bit OCD on this phone, but who isn't. I was with mine but like I said, no problems whatsoever.

Hope I helped

Zman

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I have an answer to this flawed topic...

NO they are not all flawed, but many of them have physical defects.

I do not feel the need to get into details, but I have been through a "handfull" of replacements and I can truthfully say that not all iPhones are equal. Various flaws I personally encountered include the following:

-Slight imperfections in the metel bezel, obviously an imperfection in the die-casting process.

-Logos and print on back of iPhone; some models I briefly had were obviously "imperfect". Clearly the printing was not up to par...the only way i can describe it is a glowing fuzziness around each letter. BTW, this was not a reason to exchange just wanted to point it out.

-Dead pixels, nothing to explain here.

-Battery not showing full charge

-Usage meter not working at all

-"Pixel bubble" under glass. This is a very odd flaw and even harder to explain...i will do my best. Basically there was what appeared to be a bubble slightly larger than the size of a pixel that was sandwhiched between the glass and the rest of the lcd/multitouch. At first this looked like a dead pixel but it was clearly "above" the lcd layer. The strangest part about this issue was that this bubble appeared about 8 hours after replacement.

These were the issues I encountered. I would like to explain that out of all these issues, battery life was SOLID, ON PAR, and CONSISTENT through every unit.

One more thing...after updating to 1.01 my unit has not crashed or closed any apps AT ALL....