are updates frequent? does it just make the iPhone better?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
so do you iPhone owners get a lot of updates for the phone? does it make the phone better/improve? how often do you get updates? does it just keep getting better and better? what sort of updates have you had so far? please share. does it take care of bugs? what takes care of bugs? thank you... i've been doing a lot of research before receiving my iPhone, which should arrive on tuesday from Apple online. but im not opening the box just yet. i want to make sure this is what i want. i just had to jump on the opportunity on the $299 price before they sold out.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
There has been one update since I've bought my phone (about two weeks) and it did fix a safari crash problem I was having.
Since then I've heard a ton of rumors about things we are supposed to be getting, but nothing yet.

I love the phone so far, but It will depend on what you need it for.

Enjoy

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
So far, there have been two updates, 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. These have been bug fixes, such as patching Safari security issues and making Safari crash less. There is rumored to be an update this Tuesday, to include the iTunes Wi-Fi music store, and some new features such as pressing the Home button twice for iPod controls.

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
so do you iPhone owners get a lot of updates for the phone? does it make the phone better/improve? how often do you get updates? does it just keep getting better and better? what sort of updates have you had so far? please share. does it take care of bugs? what takes care of bugs? thank you... i've been doing a lot of research before receiving my iPhone, which should arrive on tuesday from Apple online. but im not opening the box just yet. i want to make sure this is what i want. i just had to jump on the opportunity on the $299 price before they sold out.

I would recommend downloading installer app as one of the first things you do. You can get GPS via Navizon, isketch, voice recorder, somewhat of a file management system, ability to send fullsize pics to your email from the iPhone, etc etc. many many programs on there, and if you don't like it after you have installed a certain program, simply uninstall it, its great!

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
So far, there have been two updates, 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. These have been bug fixes, such as patching Safari security issues and making Safari crash less. There is rumored to be an update this Tuesday, to include the iTunes Wi-Fi music store, and some new features such as pressing the Home button twice for iPod controls.
Just getting ready to buy an iPhone but then was holding off because of the soon-to-be-out update. So this is a flashable update? Older iPhones can get it too? In other words, I can go ahead and get an iPhone and still get the update next week or whenever it's released?

iPhone69

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
South Florida
the phone you buy today before the suposid update will have the same version of software that the phone you buy after update. All you have to do is update through iTunes.