Are we fairly confident that the new iPhone will be releases immediately on sprint?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Muckcityjustin, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Muckcityjustin

Gold

So i was thinking about selling my 4s on sprint asap before announcement. I'll still have my 4 on att so i can live without my sprint account for a while.. I wish i could sell my 4 but its a work phone so i have no control over that one. But I would hate to sell the 4s and then by some stupid luck sprint doesn't do the new iPhone right away. I basically am just looking for thoughts.. Because I see some really good prices right now and would love to make enough to cover the new phone.

p.s. disregard the misspelling in the title.. ha

2. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

I'd say yes as soon as the verizon and AT&T versions come out so will the sprint version.

3. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I am hoping so. I am just a little nervous that with my luck I would sell my 4s and then have to wait for a sprint release.

4. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

I forgot Sprint had iPhone. If they can make a Verizon one with no Sim Card Tray, then they can make a sprint one just as fast.

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

6. snowtrooper1966

Gold

I got my 4S at my local Sprint store on launch day. I have no doubt the new one will be available same day as the other carriers....

7. Muckcityjustin

Gold

perfect that is what I was trying to remember. I didn't get my sprint 4s until months after release. thanks man!

8. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

Now that somebody else mentioned the blackout vacation days I am very excited.

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

http://isource.com/2012/09/05/iphone-5-launch-on-october-15th-confirmed-by-leaked-sprint-training-doc/

10. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Sprint doesn't know yet if they are getting the next iPhone. IMO it is doubtfull. Yes this is inside information.

11. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

That would be shocking. They would need to shift gears and put all of their weight behind Android, which in the past they were quite comfortable with..

12. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

So I found out today what I can and can not say. So here goes.
    I work for IBM. I also workfor sprint. I get trained monthly by Apple.
    Normally at this time with the release of a phone pending and looming nearer and nearer a contract has been signed by carriers to have the new phone. This is normally evident by vacation blackout dates etc. sprint does not have a current contract with Apple for the next iPhone. Part of this is only meeting 50% of the guarantees sales or the last iPhone. I do not think sprint will have the next iPhone. I will still have a job because iPhones will still be on sprint service. Just my job will be a lot easier lol

13. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

This article speculates that Sprint won't sell the iPhone 5 (or whatever it's called) until October 15th..

If true, that's a serious bummer for iPhone fans on Sprint..

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/09/07/sprint-iphone-5/

14. Muckcityjustin

Gold

all of this seriously bums me out. I hope that this is incorrect information. I always have my 4 on ATT I could upgrade but I really wanted to not go that route. I was counting on upgrading the sprint line...

15. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Sorry man. Just putting the info out there. This isn't coming from "the cousin everyone has who works at corporate". I am corporate lol. I hope the do carry it. Just don't put your eggs in one basket. We will all know on next Thursday.

16. Muckcityjustin

Gold

No I know and thanks for the heads up also. Luckily I have an ATT line I can upgrade if need be.

17. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

I just hope Rogers gets to launch on September 21st.

18. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

I read 2012Q2 Sprint posted 442000 new subscribers, double their previous year. Assume all 221000 extra are iPhones and you see they are way short of the ~1490000/quarter they need to break even on that stupid $15.5 billion order contract they signed with Apple.

Likely Sprint is begging for room on the Apple contract or stalling out payment obligations to the max.

Add that Apple is trailing in China/India and add that the CDMA iPhone is under 12 months and you see there is no reason for Apple to turn on the other part of the antenna.

If I was on Sprint I'd negotiate hard as they're a sinking ship in my view.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2