Are we fairly confident that the new iPhone will be releases immediately on sprint?

So i was thinking about selling my 4s on sprint asap before announcement. I'll still have my 4 on att so i can live without my sprint account for a while.. I wish i could sell my 4 but its a work phone so i have no control over that one. But I would hate to sell the 4s and then by some stupid luck sprint doesn't do the new iPhone right away. I basically am just looking for thoughts.. Because I see some really good prices right now and would love to make enough to cover the new phone.

p.s. disregard the misspelling in the title.. ha

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
http://isource.com/2012/09/05/iphon...15th-confirmed-by-leaked-sprint-training-doc/

Leaked Training Doc Shows Sprint iPhone 5 Not Launching Until October 15th

We’ve already heard rumors that the iPhone 5 would launch on October 15th and now one of our trusted tipsters has just dropped some further evidence in our lap. We’ve got our hands on a Sprint Training Manual that suggests in-store support for the iPhone 5 (a name that was all-but-confirmed by Apple earlier this week) will begin on 10/15/2012. The reasoning here is that if you have in-store support available, chances are that you’ll have the product in-store (otherwise there is nothing to support).

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Sprint doesn't know yet if they are getting the next iPhone. IMO it is doubtfull. Yes this is inside information.
That would be shocking. They would need to shift gears and put all of their weight behind Android, which in the past they were quite comfortable with..

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
That would be shocking. They would need to shift gears and put all of their weight behind Android, which in the past they were quite comfortable with..
So I found out today what I can and can not say. So here goes.
I work for IBM. I also workfor sprint. I get trained monthly by Apple.
Normally at this time with the release of a phone pending and looming nearer and nearer a contract has been signed by carriers to have the new phone. This is normally evident by vacation blackout dates etc. sprint does not have a current contract with Apple for the next iPhone. Part of this is only meeting 50% of the guarantees sales or the last iPhone. I do not think sprint will have the next iPhone. I will still have a job because iPhones will still be on sprint service. Just my job will be a lot easier lol

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Sorry man. Just putting the info out there. This isn't coming from "the cousin everyone has who works at corporate". I am corporate lol. I hope the do carry it. Just don't put your eggs in one basket. We will all know on next Thursday.

Sorry man. Just putting the info out there. This isn't coming from "the cousin everyone has who works at corporate". I am corporate lol. I hope the do carry it. Just don't put your eggs in one basket. We will all know on next Thursday.
No I know and thanks for the heads up also. Luckily I have an ATT line I can upgrade if need be.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I read 2012Q2 Sprint posted 442000 new subscribers, double their previous year. Assume all 221000 extra are iPhones and you see they are way short of the ~1490000/quarter they need to break even on that stupid $15.5 billion order contract they signed with Apple.

Likely Sprint is begging for room on the Apple contract or stalling out payment obligations to the max.

Add that Apple is trailing in China/India and add that the CDMA iPhone is under 12 months and you see there is no reason for Apple to turn on the other part of the antenna.

If I was on Sprint I'd negotiate hard as they're a sinking ship in my view.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2