Are you getting the 5S, or waiting for the 6?

GAO

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
Oklahoma
Optics is much more important than pixels. Improved optics would probably push the price higher - pixels is the cheapest option.

Sent using iCafe app

maplelegend

Bronze
Jul 21, 2012
It's not rational if I replace my iPhone each time Apple launch a new generation, so just wait and see what iPhone 6 will be.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's not rational if I replace my iPhone each time Apple launch a new generation, so just wait and see what iPhone 6 will be.
Not sure about your location, but we get them subsidized in the US. Therefore, we can upgrade for around $100 each year. We just have to sell the old one on Craigslist to make the bulk of the money for the new one. Then repeat the next year when the value of the old one is still high. It's very rational.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
The rumor mill says I may be waiting for 2014 to see a 4.5" iPhone screen. I may be a Nokia Lumia user by that time, provided the 8.1/Blue update Microsoft is talking about brings CardDAV and CalDAV support as promised. If that happens there may be a wireless sync solution, maybe even via Google services. Not ideal, but it may be workable.

SmitaSharma11

May 21, 2013
delhi
I can't wait longer so I will buy iPhone 5S soon. After iPhone 6 there will be 6S, 7, 7S and so on then why should stop for next version.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Not sure about your location, but we get them subsidized in the US. Therefore, we can upgrade for around $100 each year. We just have to sell the old one on Craigslist to make the bulk of the money for the new one. Then repeat the next year when the value of the old one is still high. It's very rational.
My reason isn't money per say but the fact my iPhone is jailbroken with settings I really like we'll see with the new one but I've had every iPhone since the beginning and this is the first time I am actually not considering upgrading.

Sent using iCafe app

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I plan to wait for the 6 unless the 5s brings a larger screen.
Assuming the iPhone 6 has a bigger screen. What if there is no iPhone 5S and they call it the iPhone 6. That's entirely possible. At some point, I would think they'd move to iPad naming. Here's the new iPhone and it's the __th Generation.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Assuming the iPhone 6 has a bigger screen. What if there is no iPhone 5S and they call it the iPhone 6. That's entirely possible. At some point, I would think they'd move to iPad naming. Here's the new iPhone and it's the __th Generation.
I'm convinced this is what Apple will be doing. It is already confusing since the iPhone 5 is the 6th generation of iPhones.

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
I'll update either way. Can't see any reason not to with AT&T and partial subsidy. It's only $150 out of pocket for a 32 GB after selling the old one for about $400 . If you keep your old phone, you're using old technology for the whole year and still have to pay about $100 out of pocket after selling your two-year-old phone. The speed and camera improvements alone with each new phone are worth the $50 difference when you don't wait, IMO.
My wife & I are on alternating year contracts, so every year, one of our lines are eligible for a full upgrade. So this time, I'll sell my wife's 4S, she gets my 5 and I get the 5S or whatever it's going to be called. We pretty much pay for the $99 AppleCare+ on the new phone. I think it's worth it to upgrade each year.

Sent using iCafe app

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
Shhhhh! ;)

My wife honestly doesn't care. She loves having an iPhone and knows the upgrade means more to me than it ever would to her.

Sent using iCafe app