Are you getting the iPad Mini and why? Or why not?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
From day 1 the iPad was to heavy and big for me
I did not even get the 1st iPad for that reason
I was disappointed when I got the iPad2 since it still was to big for my purse.
Yes I get the mini ! Because of the size and it is even thinner then the iPhone and super light
I am debating if I need 16 GB or 32 GB?
The color I have to decide by FRiday

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
If I didn't have my unlimited with verizon and had a share plan, I would def get the mini but I don't..

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
If I could get it tomorrow, I probably would for a trip I'm going on. But I can't, so whatever.

And I don't want to get an iPad 3, because I've converted all my cables to lightning. So I'm just going to see what iPad 4 is like first. I really don't even need an iPad.

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
While I like the idea of the lighter and smaller form factor, the screen resolution/pixels per inch is a deal breaker for me because its about 164(I think) and I know for sure that compared to the competition Nexus 7 and Kindle fire while not retina displays had higher ppi so I think Apple could have done better. And I already own the iPad 3 which the part I like most about it is the retina display, I had the iPad 2 and the screen was always a bit fuzzy for me compared to the iPad 3. So I will not be selling my iPad 3 for the iPad mini which is a downgrade and I'm not going to upgrade to the iPad 4, although I am disappointed that they released a new iPad mid-product cycle.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm going to sell my iPad 3 and get a mini. Weight is more important to me than the retina display and I've switched all my cables to Lighting.

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
I own the iPad gen 3 and was really hoping to get this for my son for Xmas but the price is a little high. I can understand the price though as I stated why in my other post.

Sent from my 32Gb iPhone 4S using iCafe app

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
Yep. This has come at a great time for me. My 9yr old daughter asked for an iPad for Xmas but $499 for a 9yr. old is a bit much. The mini @ $329 is doable though.

ZAT

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Disappointed to say the least about the price point. It's a diret linear scale of the iPad 2. Sorry, but they are going up against a $250 tablet with what and iPhone 4S board, bigger but lower resolution screen and bigger battery. Sorry, but that ain't happening. They should have kept it below $300. $70 less and you have a Nexus or $70 more and you have a full size iPad. Not a good price point to be @ IMO.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I do not think Apple intend to get most of the $200 tablet market share
I believe the price is just enough higer but not to much for the in between crowd.
That crowed has not been taped into.
I get a Mini and keep my iPad. I will get a new iPad in Spring (hopefully and only if it is finally thinner and lighter)
The Mini is great for hauling around taking with you !