Are you getting the iPad Mini and why? Or why not?

mrbunglez

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 20, 2008
Yes I'm getting 2 one for me and one for the wife. I need it for my job the smaller tablet fits my needs perfectly, my wife wants one just cause she thinks its cute....... She also wants that damn new thin iMac even though we already one.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I already own the iPad 3 so i cant justify myself getting one right now.
Agreed. I really wanted a lighter device, but no retina display and less powerful innards won't tempt me from my iPad 3. Nor do I need the A6 or HD FaceTime camera on the iPad 4. I'll stand pat, dealer.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I'll pass as well. I have the new iPad and a 16 gig Nexus 7 so I'm not tempted in the least bit.

smelton3

Bronze
Apr 5, 2011
I think I am good on this one. Not interested in a "mini" anything, and the iPad 4 is not compelling enough for me to want to get.
I bought the iPhone 5 with a partial upgrade and not interested in spending $730 ( all iPads I ever have bought are the 32GB cellular flavor) after dropping the cash just last month on the phone. Honestly, I am glad the change is not about the device makeup. My no longer sold in the Apple Store 3 works very well for me. It will be strange not to have the latest and greatest though. I am going to remain strong and hold out...I hope.

Sent from my iPad 3 or "new" iPad or whatever...using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I do not think Apple intend to get most of the $200 tablet market share
I believe the price is just enough higer but not to much for the in between crowd.
That crowed has not been taped into.
I get a Mini and keep my iPad. I will get a new iPad in Spring (hopefully and only if it is finally thinner and lighter)
The Mini is great for hauling around taking with you !
Very doubtful it will be here in the spring. Likely next fall.

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
I do not think Apple intend to get most of the $200 tablet market share
I believe the price is just enough higer but not to much for the in between crowd.
That crowed has not been taped into.
I get a Mini and keep my iPad. I will get a new iPad in Spring (hopefully and only if it is finally thinner and lighter)
The Mini is great for hauling around taking with you !
I am almost certain the iPad will not get a refresh in the spring. People who bought the iPad 3 (including myself) are a bit miffed by the early refresh. Why piss people off twice? 3 refreshes in a year will never happen. I think the iPad in the fall is where it'll stay. Great holiday item and now Apple has many good products for different budgets right around the holidays. Think about it iPod nano, iPod touch, iPad mini, and the iPad. I do think we'll see the iPhone move back to June-July just to offset all the other products in the fall. Next summer would be a perfect time for it. It's an "S" year if they follow their current release pattern. They know most people won't be up on their contracts and they typically sell less iPhones on a "S" year anyway. Just my 2¢.

Jarred

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2011
I am almost certain the iPad will not get a refresh in the spring. People who bought the iPad 3 (including myself) are a bit miffed by the early refresh. Why piss people off twice?
I'm not miffed, my 3rd gen iPad performs just as good as it did yesterday... I'll probably skip the 5th gen one too.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I am almost certain the iPad will not get a refresh in the spring. People who bought the iPad 3 (including myself) are a bit miffed by the early refresh. Why piss people off twice? 3 refreshes in a year will never happen. I think the iPad in the fall is where it'll stay. Great holiday item and now Apple has many good products for different budgets right around the holidays. Think about it iPod nano, iPod touch, iPad mini, and the iPad. I do think we'll see the iPhone move back to June-July just to offset all the other products in the fall. Next summer would be a perfect time for it. It's an "S" year if they follow their current release pattern. They know most people won't be up on their contracts and they typically sell less iPhones on a "S" year anyway. Just my 2¢.
I thought so at first. I thought iPhone will be early summer perhaps Spring and it should be 5s.
Then I looked at the upgrade they did with the iPad. There was not to many changes besides display and chip etc.
The iPad 2 still remains the thinnest. Apple new line drives by being thin all over.
The Mini is thinner then the iPhone 5. I am certain there was a few reasons for the updated iPad. They also have not released iTunes 11. I really hopw they do release a new THIN LIGHT iPad in spring.

JackRouach

Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
No if I wanted a low powered low res tablet I would get a used ipad 2 for the same price u get bigger screen lighter thinner and same processor the ipad mini has the same resolution then the ipad two and same processor. Apple stock went down instantly I thought Apple was smart with all these companies selling the same for 129-229 but they want to give us a ipad with a old processor and old screen and Walla magic f u Apple

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No if I wanted a low powered low res tablet I would get a used ipad 2 for the same price u get bigger screen lighter thinner and same processor the ipad mini has the same resolution then the ipad two and same processor. Apple stock went down instantly I thought Apple was smart with all these companies selling the same for 129-229 but they want to give us a ipad with a old processor and old screen and Walla magic f u Apple
They aren't forcing you to buy a mini. Keep in mind that they *are* giving us an iPad 4 with a NEW, faster processor. It's just that this is the starting line for the minis. They are smaller and cheaper than the full size version, and starting out with the iPad 2 processor drives down the cost. Some of us want a smaller screen and lower weight. Those two things are what's most important to me. The iPad 2 weighs more than the mini. The screen will look sharper since it's the same resolution on a smaller screen.

And no, it is not the same as the models made by other companies. Did you miss the Keynote? They explained the differences.

JackRouach

Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
yes I did I wil be honest but I'm not the only one saying it. The stocks dropped no? Analysts all said the same at that price point who is really getting it when a ipad 2 can be haved at the same price and the money difference between the ipad 3 500=329 lol that's a joke man

JackRouach

Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
Think for 180 u getting a crap load more funny Apple own product seems to kill of this one the only reason I would get a ipad mini is -1 I'm a women and need space in my handbag-2 if It was like 200 maybe

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
yes I did I wil be honest but I'm not the only one saying it. The stocks dropped no? Analysts all said the same at that price point who is really getting it when a ipad 2 can be haved at the same price and the money difference between the ipad 3 500=329 lol that's a joke man
You saw the Keynote and you still said it's the same thing?!

I just checked and their stock increased today. Demand is so high that they have 3+ week wait-times for some of their products, and you're seriously worried about their stock - something that fluctuates on a daily basis?

ClarkKent724

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Nashville, TN
I don't have an iPad and I am currently considering all of my options because I would really like to get one. The mini seems great, but if I wait one more year it's bound to get the retina display right? I think that is my biggest issue with it right now. I don't mind the price, but I thought for sure it would get a retina display. I think I'll just have to head to the Apple store in two weeks and get handsy with one.