Are you getting the iPad Mini and why? Or why not?

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I will check out the Mini at the Apple Store, and compare it to the iPad 4. I really doubt I will buy an iPad this year. I doubt I would get a lot of use out of it. It would be just to satisfy my need for the latest, greatest gadget. I do like what I see in the Mini, especially in 'white'.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
No if I wanted a low powered low res tablet I would get a used ipad 2 for the same price u get bigger screen lighter thinner and same processor the ipad mini has the same resolution then the ipad two and same processor. Apple stock went down instantly I thought Apple was smart with all these companies selling the same for 129-229 but they want to give us a ipad with a old processor and old screen and Walla magic f u Apple
I do not think you got your facts wrong
the ipad3 and 4 are heavier and thicker then the iapd2
The Mini ia almost 1/2 the weight of iPad2 more then 1/2 from iPad4
and incredible thin more then iPhone5

The Mini has a lot of upgrades from the iPad2

Yes it has the same A5 chip !But that is the only thing!

You are off on resulution

mini 163 while iPad2 132
+ you add the new way of manufacturing the display which adds depth of color and crispness

Siri on the Mini (not iPad2)
Wifi/LTE same as iPad4 (not iPad2)
Video Recording on mini same as iPad4 (not iPad2)
Cameras same as iPad4 (not iPad2)

kaelinlei

Bronze
Oct 17, 2011
I'm getting 2 iPad minis for my kids for Christmas. They have the 4th gen iPod but they are both begging for the iPad. I figure this is a better alternative rather than buying them the more expensive iPads. Plus the youngest can use the Reading Rainbow app (that I pay $60/year for) on her iPad and not have to steal mine anymore. :)

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Don't bother responding to him. He's on vacation.
Just saw this in anyway this is good for people who think the mini is just a small iPad2 it is actually a new design not like any of the other Ipads and it has all iPad4 spechs but the chip and display. It won't need the bigger chip for a non retina display. The display will be diffeent anyway then iPad2. I wonder why people not check facts? I check everything before I buy anything!

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
If I do, it will be in a few months and just because I can, but not for any serious usage.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I doubt I will. I have an iPad 2 that suites me. Besides I really want an iPhone 5 first.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
I do not think you got your facts wrong
the ipad3 and 4 are heavier and thicker then the iapd2
The Mini ia almost 1/2 the weight of iPad2 more then 1/2 from iPad4
and incredible thin more then iPhone5

The Mini has a lot of upgrades from the iPad2

Yes it has the same A5 chip !But that is the only thing!

You are off on resulution

mini 163 while iPad2 132
+ you add the new way of manufacturing the display which adds depth of color and crispness

Siri on the Mini (not iPad2)
Wifi/LTE same as iPad4 (not iPad2)
Video Recording on mini same as iPad4 (not iPad2)
Cameras same as iPad4 (not iPad2)
Huh, why is the iPad 4 heavier than the 2? I didn't know that! I think the 2 is heavy enough, I don't want something even heavier! Grr thanks!

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
To answer the OP: No. Not because of cost, but because I already have an iPad 2. Not time for a new one yet, the 2 still works great for my needs.

Irishmac

Jan 26, 2011
Mexico, MO
I will be getting a white 16GB mini for my wife. I have a 3rd generation iPad for work. My wife loved it and originally wanted to get an iPad 2 for entertainment at home. The size, weight, and capabilities of the mini sold her. I will also evaluate its potential for use at school by my students.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
The 3 was heavier as well
I believe next years iPad will be thinner.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app
Wow I never realized that. Thanks, huh now you got me thinking I might not get the 4... It's a pain to hold the 2 in bed.