Are you happy with the battery life on your iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
My battery life on the 4S is appalling. I've owned every iPhone and this will be the first one I'm taking back for an exchange (Genius appointment tomorrow). I'm not taking it back solely because of battery issues - it also has a number of bizarre, bad issues, but the battery life is just comically awful.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
My battery life on the 4S is appalling. I've owned every iPhone and this will be the first one I'm taking back for an exchange (Genius appointment tomorrow). I'm not taking it back solely because of battery issues - it also has a number of bizarre, bad issues, but the battery life is just comically awful.
Wow, that's terrible. Mine has been ok, but certainly could use room for improvement. Curious what they say tomorrow and if they say it's software related. Good luck.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Yeah I'll be interested to hear their comments on battery life too, if they're willing to share any. Pretty sure the exchange should be no problem as it has some major issues. For example, pulling up the Settings app as just a blank screen, losing all system sound at random times, losing its ability to power off normally (requiring a hard reboot) and most frequently not allowing me to end a failed call. It just gets stuck on Call ending and never ends even after quitting the app via the multitasking bar and won't end them at all without a hard reboot.

Oct 3, 2009
Does there really need to be another debate on battery life on here?

But to answer the OP. No, not happy with the battery life. It has gotten better, no thanks to Apple, but still is poor compared to other devices in the Apple line and other phones that have higher hardware specs and performance.

Happy with the phone for the most part though as I usually am. Screen size and battery life is too small though.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I'm just curious how he got over 9 hours on the 4S. I thought I was lucky by getting 5 and 1/2. now I'm not happy anymore :D