Are you planning to buy the Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chris, Sep 9, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Now that the big reveal is over, what are your thoughts on the Apple Watch. Are you going to be anxiously counting the days until you can use Apple Pay to buy a gold Apple Watch?

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

OMG YES I like it more then the phone !

3. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I really want the watch, my concern is pricing. Starting at $349, will that be the base model in both men's and women's size or will men's cost more because it's bigger?

Sent from my iPhone 5

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

No. I like it and it looks nice, but I just don't need it. I'll have my iPhone that does all the same stuff. I don't like wearing anything on my wrist or arm. And especially not at $349+. Funny how they tried to make $349 sound like a great deal. It's more than I'm willing to pay. It would end up in a drawer after the new wore off.

5. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

Right now the answer is no. I like what it can do, but not a necessity for me like the iPhone or iPad. I also never buy the first generation of technology. I wait a few years. I predict in a few years from now the iWatch will be much thinner.

6. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

my concern is the size. some views it looks nice and sleek, but in others it looks thick and clunky. Seems like looking back at the iPhone 1 with its chrome bezel.

I'll have to check it out in person before deciding. Can't remember the last time I've worn a watch, but I'd probably get it just for something new to play with after christmas. I have been wanting to get a heart rate monitor for workouts anyway.

7. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Did you see the size specs anywhere ? I try to find them to compare to the other watches out there

8. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

Not at that price point.

9. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

There is also some concern over the battery on these watches. No mention of battery life was made.

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

11. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

yes there was it lasts a day like all others . They said you charge at night.
    That is fine with me I charge my phones over night too.

12. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Any word on pricing for the gold one?

13. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

True, which was far less than what Apple had hoped for. They were aiming for 4-5 days without charging. I guess most will be okay with one day as most will charge overnight.

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Face it - battery technology hasn't kept up with other technological advances.

15. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

you like the Gold?

16. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I personally do not, I'm just curious which demographic apple is aiming for with the gold, the wealthy I'm sure, if it's pure gold, then it's probably over $1000.00 if not more?

17. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I'm used to charging my phone everyday, no reason why a watch would be different or a chore to charge daily as well

18. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I'm sure it's just gold plated.

19. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I may get one with my tax refund (if I get one) but the price point is a bit prohibitive. Seems like an amazing piece of tech, though. I'm impressed.

20. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

My roommate was showing me the video for the iWatch and it looks really incredible. I'm in love with the Retina display and the autopay features through Visa and Mastercard. As a person who is always on the go, these kind of features make it very convenient to take care of business.