Are you ready? iPhone Checklist

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Let me know if there's anything I should add to my list to make sure I'm ready to sync up Friday night. I don't want anything coming in the way of me enjoying this device that I've been lusting over for months now.:laugh2:

Outlook Contacts - 100% all contacts completely filled in with email addresses; businesss, home, mobile and fax numbers; Contact details with pics (where available). I know contact pics probably won't transfer, but I figured WTH!

Outlook Calendars - 100% updated with all known appointments, birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, sporting events and vacations for myself and all family members. (MS Outlook 2007 absolutely RAWKS!)

Album Art - 100% all album art matched and coordinated to avoid missing or duplicate images.

Photo Albums - pictures folder all cleaned up and organized. Dumped all the screen caps from too many message board arguments. Added all the latest pics from trips, events, and vacations

iTunes Account - check! Current email address and credit card.

Copy and paste your check list here:

Outlook Contacts -

Outlook Calendars -

Album Art -

Photo Albums -

iTunes Account -

OF course you mac fanatics will complain about the Outlook, but just modify the checklist for your particular programs.

Think I might be a little OCD?;)

Kyled8888@gmail.com

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Address Book Contacts -
Yes! Everyone is updated, with picture

Calendar -
Don't use it much in the summer

Album Art -
About 99% of my music is downloaded through iTunes. The rest may be missing some.

Photo Albums -
Need to hide a few pictures... My mom is going to wnat to play with the phone, and I don't wnat her to know I got drunk at new Years 07, haha.

iTunes Account -
yep, ready to roll!

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Let me know if there's anything I should add to my list to make sure I'm ready to sync up Friday night. I don't want anything coming in the way of me enjoying this device that I've been lusting over for months now.:laugh2:

Outlook Contacts - 100% all contacts completely filled in with email addresses; businesss, home, mobile and fax numbers; Contact details with pics (where available). I know contact pics probably won't transfer, but I figured WTH!

Outlook Calendars - 100% updated with all known appointments, birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, sporting events and vacations for myself and all family members. (MS Outlook 2007 absolutely RAWKS!)

Album Art - 100% all album art matched and coordinated to avoid missing or duplicate images.

Photo Albums - pictures folder all cleaned up and organized. Dumped all the screen caps from too many message board arguments. Added all the latest pics from trips, events, and vacations

iTunes Account - check! Current email address and credit card.

Copy and paste your check list here:

Outlook Contacts -

Outlook Calendars -

Album Art -

Photo Albums -

iTunes Account -

OF course you mac fanatics will complain about the Outlook, but just modify the checklist for your particular programs.

Think I might be a little OCD?;)
We crack me up!:p

ash

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Oklahoma
Outlook Contacts - Completely in order!

Outlook Calendars - Don't use it much but I should put in B-days, anniversaries (thanks for the reminder!)

Album Art - Completely in order!

Photo Albums - Ready to go!

iTunes Account - All set!

The only other thing I did was make a list of a couple of TV episodes and 1 movie to sync.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
Outlook Contacts - 98%..i have put in as many pictures as humanly possible. there are a comple emails, numbers to add as well.

Outlook Calendars - don't think i'll use this function. i'm hoping that i can sync to Google calendars because i have a laptop at work and pc at home and can access the calendar anywhere. if not, i'll just input info right into my phone.

Album Art - 100% DONE. i did this back in january :p

Photo Albums - not yet...i'll add a few pictures just so that i can pinch and zoom. i'll add my upcoming trip to hawaii once i come back.

iTunes Account - already have one. in terms of my playlist...i still have to cut some 'fat'...i need to get it down to 4GBs (it's currently at 4.2GBs). I have my TV shows ready to go (Ali G and 2007 Rose Bowl game)

You forgot to add one more thing:

Email Account - now that i know hotmail won't POP for free, i have my gmail forwarded on to my yahoo account and my yahoo account ready to sync to iPhone.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Outlook Contacts - Don't have it installed, but have the office disk. Just need to install it and add.

Outlook Calendars - same as above. probably won't even do this, as I only really have one significant even over the next two months.

Album Art - Just started importing songs and have done 3 full disks. I'm not going to add complete albums with the exception of around probably 10-15 of my favorites. The rest are just going to be some songs.

Photo Albums - don't really have any, so I may only put a few pics on there.

iTunes Account - done and been using.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Email Account - now that i know hotmail won't POP for free, i have my gmail forwarded on to my yahoo account and my yahoo account ready to sync to iPhone.
Well, I thought that was just a matter of the sync process. But I will want to configure the email to stay on the server when I read it from the iPHone. I like downloading my email to my desktop instead of my mobile.

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Outlook Contacts -
ALl contacts num bers and email addresses! :]

Outlook Calendars -
Maybe later... tonight? I don't know if I'll do this...

Album Art -
I got all artwork I could!
:]

Photo Albums -
Lots of pics!
Cool imgs album
Costa Rica Album
Disneyland Album
Marine World Album
Philly to Reno Album
WOOO HOOO!

iTunes Account -

Since way back when!
I've downloaded a movie and tons of shows! :]]]]]]
AHHHH EXCITED!

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
Well, I thought that was just a matter of the sync process. But I will want to configure the email to stay on the server when I read it from the iPHone. I like downloading my email to my desktop instead of my mobile.
i looked into it and researched it and apparently, since hotmail is ad revenue based, they won't allow you to check your email without actually going to the site. the premise being that you have to SEE their ads.

you can pay for hotmail's extra services which include POP3 access.

from my pespective, it's not going to work...unless you know something i don't.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
i looked into it and researched it and apparently, since hotmail is ad revenue based, they won't allow you to check your email without actually going to the site. the premise being that you have to SEE their ads.

you can pay for hotmail's extra services which include POP3 access.

from my pespective, it's not going to work...unless you know something i don't.
I don't know about Hotmail. I'll use a pop3 account from my ISP at least until the IT department decides how they want to handle my MS Exchange email account. I might not ever be able to use it.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
I don't know about Hotmail. I'll use a pop3 account from my ISP at least until the IT department decides how they want to handle my MS Exchange email account. I might not ever be able to use it.
are you talking about forwarding your work email to your iPhone and bypassing the company's IT? if understand you correctly, how do you do that? i'd be interested in that.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
No I think thats what ill do all day tomorrow. I know friday will feel like "before a big game" your waiting all day for it and when it comes OH boy :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
are you talking about forwarding your work email to your iPhone and bypassing the company's IT? if understand you correctly, how do you do that? i'd be interested in that.
I don't know how they'll handle it yet. I would love to get my MS EXchange email, but I'll have to wait and see what IT decides to do.