Are you scratch free?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DrG

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Well, I try not to think about it so much but I just got my first scratch on the lower left hand side of my beloved iPhone and did that hurt!
I had it in my pocket --thank goodness with a nice case, but it did have openings on the corners which is why I got the scratch as it fell to the ground...so are you scratch free?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
My iPhone is naked and has been since I bought it on iDay and I've dropped it twice and (knock on wood) it's still scratch free. I've been pretty lucky considering the first time I dropped it was from 5 feet onto concrete:mad:.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Was it on the screen or the chrome siding? As for my I keep a dedicated pocket with no case. I like the feel of the naked iPhone.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Well, I try not to think about it so much but I just got my first scratch on the lower left hand side of my beloved iPhone and did that hurt!
I had it in my pocket --thank goodness with a nice case, but it did have openings on the corners which is why I got the scratch as it fell to the ground...so are you scratch free?
interesting you should ask... My first scratch appeared way down across the home button. It does not effect viewing since it's over the black part... ...but it's there! It took almost 4 months and no case other than a holster and all I've got to show for it is one tiny scratch.... grade the screen A+ for me!

DrG

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Was it on the screen or the chrome siding? As for my I keep a dedicated pocket with no case. I like the feel of the naked iPhone.
Neither - it's actually a little scratch on the lower left black siding -- I know people have touched my phone and they didn't even notice it, but for me, I was pretty upset to know that it's there...oh, this also went down on concrete ground --- all I kept thinking is what kind of scratches would it have if it didn't have a case -- Congrats to the naked iPhones for not even having a scratch!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i've got a naked phone and it's in great shape. I just keep it in my pocket by itself. I've been considering an iskin revo, but i'm not completely sold.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
MY phone took a tumble out of my lapt getting out of the pathfinder. I have a VAJA case and the ONLY place that is not protected is where I got a little ding.
Other than that, it's in almost new condition.

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
mine is scratch free. from the day i bought i put screen protector and vaja case i evolution on it. it looks like new :)

tonyj81

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
VA Beach
3 weeks and scratch free still, it fell once out of my lap, that was in my car onto rubber floor mat that i was going to have a heart attack. also rest assured if i did scratch it i probably would have one. serious OCD with my cell phones...;)

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
3 weeks and scratch free still, it fell once out of my lap, that was in my car onto rubber floor mat that i was going to have a heart attack. also rest assured if i did scratch it i probably would have one. serious OCD with my cell phones...;)
it's going to happen man...

a pack of wild kittens will get a hold of it, or it will fall into a box of razorblades...

only time will tell which.

entong

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
it's going to happen man...

a pack of wild kittens will get a hold of it, or it will fall into a box of razorblades...

only time will tell which.
if i'm not mistaken i saw scratch removal at ifixit. thought it may help to remove those scratch

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
No scratches. I am anal about it. I Keep it in a microfiber sunglass bag in my purse. (My husband lost his Rudy's but not the case). The bag is good for cleaning off the screen, too.

Can't decide if I want a case. I have been looking at the Vaja cases.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
I didn't have any scratches till I bought a black leather case at the Apple store in Vegas.
Within a day I had one on the back... No more cases for me.

Something must have gotten trapped in the case and it made a decent size scratch.

Returning the case as soon as I get back up to the mall.