Are you supposed to let iTunes connect to the net with an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone?

Black Mamba

Bronze
Jun 14, 2009
Just curious because yesterday before I unlocked/jailbroke the iPhone iTunes would not show the iPhone until I let it access the net and then it popped up on the left under devices.

Now that it is unlocked/jailbroken do you want to let it access the net? Seems like it might not be a good idea.Lol.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, it's fine for them to access the internet! Not many people would JB if it hindered the use of the phone like that. You still have your data plan when you are jailbroken.

Black Mamba

Bronze
Jun 14, 2009
Yeah, it's fine for them to access the internet! Not many people would JB if it hindered the use of the phone like that. You still have your data plan when you are jailbroken.
Mine is unlocked 2 and running with a different carrier. Can you buy stuff from iTunes?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Just make sure you have a data plan with that carrier. If you don't, the bill could be huge. If you don't want data, call and have that carrier disable it and just use WiFi where available.