Are you using Touch ID more or less since you got your iPhone 5s?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Now that we are a few weeks in, I was curious how people are using Touch ID. Have you settled in nicely to the new way of locking/unlocking your iPhone? How many of you have resorted back to your old ways and use the iPhone 5s no different than you have with a previous non-Touch ID iPhone?

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
I use it all the time. I wish Apple would get it to work to open apps and close apps.
That would preserve the home button for longer-term functioning

Sent using iCafe app

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
Ignored it first time I was prompted. Haven't gone back to it yet. Have never used a pass code, but I'm sure I'll get around to it for App Store purchase soon. Does anyone know if I can use it for that "only" and not for unlocking phone.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ignored it first time I was prompted. Haven't gone back to it yet. Have never used a pass code, but I'm sure I'll get around to it for App Store purchase soon. Does anyone know if I can use it for that "only" and not for unlocking phone.
You can do that.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1382006969.191677.jpg

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I use it but it' been buggy
the fingerprint does not always read (I have done everything I can think off already)
and still asks here and there for App purchases.
I used to like the instinct access to the camera but now you use the fingerprint to open to take a picture from the lock screen ?
My iPad is all crazy since the update I enter my Apple ID and mail passwords over and over.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I use it but it' been buggy
the fingerprint does not always read (I have done everything I can think off already)
and still asks here and there for App purchases.
I used to like the instinct access to the camera but now you use the fingerprint to open to take a picture from the lock screen ?
My iPad is all crazy since the update I enter my Apple ID and mail passwords over and over.
Yes I have this issue as well. I use the Fingerprint scanner for in App purchases but it won't come up for brand new App purchases or music. The other thing it does is ask for my Apple ID and password over and over again after a purchase. Apple has got to fix this. It makes me think I;m purchasing the same thing over and over. I have to check my last purchases out and see what I was charged for. I hope this bug isn't costing me money.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I use Touch ID to open my iPhone all the time. I LOVE IT! So easy, convenient and super fast! This was an awesome innovation Apple! Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone was able to change the name of their Fingers from Finger 1, Finger 2, or Finger 3 to any name they wanted yet? I have not been able to do it. I remember on the Special iPhone Event they did show different names instead of it saying Finger 1.

Is this one of the things that has changed after the Special iPhone Event and it was never really an option for the final release of the product? OR is there just a setting I'm missing?