Are you waiting in line?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by ivantwilliams, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

With just over 48 hours to go, are you in line?

Will you be in a line somewhere?

Hit us with the details...

2. furndaddy

furndaddy Contributor
    Bronze

I'll be going to my local AT&T store Friday morning after I get the kids on the bus. If the line is too insane, I'll cross my fingers and go back a few hours later.

3. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

About the same for me. Until then I'll get enjoyment out of watching the preorder folks meltdown.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Wait, are you saying that some AT&T shop might actually have iPhone 5's that are not pre-ordered, etc.?

Interesting; this is making me want to visit my local AT&T shop on Friday morning.

5. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

I would say just about every AT&T, Verizon, sprint, Best Buy, radio shack, etc will have some but who knows how many.

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

VOLS34 U R SO BAD! :mad:

I'm not laughing at that! That is really mean.:(
    I'm surprised you woud be so mean! :eek: We're all iPhone lovers for gods sakes!
    Have some sympathy would ya?! :cautious: Some of us are weaker than the others and y...
    ....however, we have been melting down and have become tracking fiends.....:sick:
    ....Oh damn it! :whistle:
    It is FUNNY! :ROFLMAO: Shhhh :p

7. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

What makes it funny is most are gonna get it Friday.

8. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

They know it. I know it. But that knowledge doesn't stop us from obsessing! LOL!

In the defense of some of the folks, this is their very first preorder and they don't know how it goes. It's nerve racking, thusly, the meltdowns.

I'm having fun tracking my iPhone and watching it get closer. Know on Friday I'll have a new iPhone 5 in my hand after looking at pictures, watching the keynote and reading all the info on the web about it.

Personally, I think if an event such as a new iPhone release becomes commonplace and the excitement is gone, what's the use of even owning it? Why would you want to if there was no excitement about it? If it means nothing to you, why even bother? I'm not saying that you personally are bored with it, but I think when someone becomes disenchanted that can take the fun out of the whole experience and why bother?

I guess it's the same as when people camp out for weeks or even days before the release. It's a part of the whole experience. It's exciting. It's invigorating. It's something to look forward to. It's tradition. All these experiences are a part of the fun. YAY!

I can definitely see where the fun can be poked but don't be too hard on folks. It's what we all do over one thing or another.

9. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

I normally preorder but was gonna have to go to AT&T regardless so I didn't. I'm going about an hour or 2 before they open & crossing my fingers. No way I could do days & who has a week to camp out!

10. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Monday...5th Avenue, N YC

1521846471.jpg?w=300

11. Michmeister

Michmeister Member
    Bronze

Ridiculous the camping out and following tracking its a phone my god get a life.

12. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

wonder how those people made out yesterday with those bad storms.

13. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

IDK Who in their right or wrong mind has the time to camp out. It's amazing! HATS OFF TO THEM! To each his or her own. I don't have the courage or the time or the interest.

I used to go the day after launch day to the 5th Ave store in the city to buy my iPhone. Those were good times. The second day people just weren't up on. That was until I discovered preordering! Then everything changed for me. Now it's all I can do to get the iPhone. It is the best time. Waiting for it to arrive. Getting it in the privacy of my own home. NICE!

14. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Like This:
    Currnt Rain Out:
    rain-iphone5-line8-cube_1_620x465.jpg

[​IMG]

Past Rain Outs:
    [​IMG]

3GS launch:
    [​IMG]

Looking for the one I saw for the current rain out.

And Like this:
    [​IMG]

I think he got a little personal with the camp out. Dude, no one said take all your clothes off and get in the bag!
    [​IMG]

15. JDem

JDem Contributor
    Bronze

I don't understand the whole camping out deal. Woke up at 2:45 on preorder day, fired up the macbook, ordered my phone and went back to sleep. Never left my bed!

No rain, no sidewalk, showered or ate whenever I wanted and had my bathroom nearby.

Probably be syncing my iTunes library this time Friday!

16. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I'm in line right now...for a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee. :D

17. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

LOL that's good! It was bad in NYC yesterday had 45 mile an hour winds and pouring rain! I feel bad for them.

18. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Well, it's the experience they want and the iPhone 5 the minute it hits the store. LOL! It's fun to meet folks and make friends.

When I went to the 5th Ave store the day after launch for the iPhone 4, I met some folks. They went on a breakfast run we held spaces for each other. We fended off would-be robbers. The security was great too, they chased the guys the rest of the way off. A nice colorful bunch of folks. But see, this was only for a few hours, not a few weeks. Good times though!

I arrived at 5:50 and was walking out with my new iPhone 4 at 8:33am and home in Jersey by 9:45am.

19. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

If you're in line, post photos please :)

20. jon01

jon01 New Member

im going to the Apple store on friday @ 6am (i hope i wake up). ill try to remember to post pics