Are you waiting in line?

furndaddy

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 16, 2010
Indiana
I'll be going to my local AT&T store Friday morning after I get the kids on the bus. If the line is too insane, I'll cross my fingers and go back a few hours later.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I'll be going to my local AT&T store Friday morning after I get the kids on the bus. If the line is too insane, I'll cross my fingers and go back a few hours later.
About the same for me. Until then I'll get enjoyment out of watching the preorder folks meltdown.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Wait, are you saying that some AT&T shop might actually have iPhone 5's that are not pre-ordered, etc.?

Interesting; this is making me want to visit my local AT&T shop on Friday morning.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I would say just about every AT&T, Verizon, sprint, Best Buy, radio shack, etc will have some but who knows how many.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
About the same for me. Until then I'll get enjoyment out of watching the preorder folks meltdown.

VOLS34 U R SO BAD! :mad:

I'm not laughing at that! That is really mean.:(
I'm surprised you woud be so mean! :eek: We're all iPhone lovers for gods sakes!
Have some sympathy would ya?! :cautious: Some of us are weaker than the others and y...
....however, we have been melting down and have become tracking fiends.....:sick:
....Oh damn it! :whistle:
It is FUNNY! :ROFLMAO: Shhhh :p

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
What makes it funny is most are gonna get it Friday.
They know it. I know it. But that knowledge doesn't stop us from obsessing! LOL!

In the defense of some of the folks, this is their very first preorder and they don't know how it goes. It's nerve racking, thusly, the meltdowns.

I'm having fun tracking my iPhone and watching it get closer. Know on Friday I'll have a new iPhone 5 in my hand after looking at pictures, watching the keynote and reading all the info on the web about it.

Personally, I think if an event such as a new iPhone release becomes commonplace and the excitement is gone, what's the use of even owning it? Why would you want to if there was no excitement about it? If it means nothing to you, why even bother? I'm not saying that you personally are bored with it, but I think when someone becomes disenchanted that can take the fun out of the whole experience and why bother?

I guess it's the same as when people camp out for weeks or even days before the release. It's a part of the whole experience. It's exciting. It's invigorating. It's something to look forward to. It's tradition. All these experiences are a part of the fun. YAY!

I can definitely see where the fun can be poked but don't be too hard on folks. It's what we all do over one thing or another.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I normally preorder but was gonna have to go to AT&T regardless so I didn't. I'm going about an hour or 2 before they open & crossing my fingers. No way I could do days & who has a week to camp out!

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
I normally preorder but was gonna have to go to AT&T regardless so I didn't. I'm going about an hour or 2 before they open & crossing my fingers. No way I could do days & who has a week to camp out!
IDK Who in their right or wrong mind has the time to camp out. It's amazing! HATS OFF TO THEM! To each his or her own. I don't have the courage or the time or the interest.

I used to go the day after launch day to the 5th Ave store in the city to buy my iPhone. Those were good times. The second day people just weren't up on. That was until I discovered preordering! Then everything changed for me. Now it's all I can do to get the iPhone. It is the best time. Waiting for it to arrive. Getting it in the privacy of my own home. NICE!

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
I don't understand the whole camping out deal. Woke up at 2:45 on preorder day, fired up the macbook, ordered my phone and went back to sleep. Never left my bed!

No rain, no sidewalk, showered or ate whenever I wanted and had my bathroom nearby.

Probably be syncing my iTunes library this time Friday!

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Like This:
Currnt Rain Out:
rain-iphone5-line8-cube_1_620x465.jpg

Past Rain Outs:

3GS launch:

Looking for the one I saw for the current rain out.

And Like this:

I think he got a little personal with the camp out. Dude, no one said take all your clothes off and get in the bag!
LOL that's good! It was bad in NYC yesterday had 45 mile an hour winds and pouring rain! I feel bad for them.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
LOL that's good! It was bad in NYC yesterday had 45 mile an hour winds and pouring rain! I feel bad for them.
Well, it's the experience they want and the iPhone 5 the minute it hits the store. LOL! It's fun to meet folks and make friends.

When I went to the 5th Ave store the day after launch for the iPhone 4, I met some folks. They went on a breakfast run we held spaces for each other. We fended off would-be robbers. The security was great too, they chased the guys the rest of the way off. A nice colorful bunch of folks. But see, this was only for a few hours, not a few weeks. Good times though!

I arrived at 5:50 and was walking out with my new iPhone 4 at 8:33am and home in Jersey by 9:45am.