ARGH! Trying to Jailbreak 3GS PLEASE HELP!

Jun 13, 2009
I have been trying all day to jailbreak my 3gs using redsn0w, but when i try to put the phone into DFU, i don't get a white screen, and redsn0w freezes at the second "waiting for reboot". I have tried everything i could find on google, and still no luck. Please someone help, its driving me mad. seriously Im gonna crack up soon!

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Have you tried running redsn0w as a administrator on your computer?

Jun 13, 2009
Ive just tried downloading the 3.0 firmware with firefox instead of explorer(advice found on this forum!) and it seems to be working. I cant understand what the difference is because its the same source file, but im currently looking at a pineApple so hopefully it'll be ok!

Jun 13, 2009
It worked, but quite frankly Im baffled how, I mean it was the same source file that I downloaded with explorer! Ah well, Im a lot calmer now!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It worked, but quite frankly Im baffled how, I mean it was the same source file that I downloaded with explorer! Ah well, Im a lot calmer now!
Internet Explorer saves it as a .zip file. and Firefox saves it as an .IPSW file. It needs to be an IPSW file. You can change the file extension but I just instruct people to use Firefox because it will download it in the proper format in the first place and I'm anti-IE.