Arranging App icons

tsaathoff

Mar 25, 2009
Is there a way to fill in the gaps left by deleting apps without having to move each remaining app individually?

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
Nothing more you can do except not delete them ;) Wish it was easier to move them around though. The one screen to the next is kind of a pain

lfine39

Mar 27, 2009
Maybe this sounds too easy
1) I take my 4 main icons at bottom of screen put them in last page
2) move my apps to bottom of screen to place them on related screens
3) when done go to last page and replace my 4 main icons
I find this easiest way to re-arrange apps

Hope it helps

s8n666

Bronze
Oct 3, 2008
thx ifine39. I never considered doing that before, it's a great time saver

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Use of the bottom row is the fastest. I wish they would make it possible in iTunes to see your iPhones screens (all 9 of them if you fill it up with apps) and then can organize them in iTunes with drag and drop, resync and you are all set.

I had mine all organized with games on one page, businesss stuff on another etc. However, when you delete an app it leaves an empty spot and things get out of order. I have not had time to reorganize.

lfine39

Mar 27, 2009
Use of the bottom row is the fastest. I wish they would make it possible in iTunes to see your iPhones screens (all 9 of them if you fill it up with apps) and then can organize them in iTunes with drag and drop, resync and you are all set.

I had mine all organized with games on one page, businesss stuff on another etc. However, when you delete an app it leaves an empty spot and things get out of order. I have not had time to reorganize.
Oh I agree would be sooo much easier on desktop
Hey we got copy/paste, MMS, BT now we can ask Apple for all the other great things we need........

tsaathoff

Mar 25, 2009
Thanks for all the responses. I called Apple support in Austin and their solution was to backup the phone, delete all apps (uncheck them in iTunes), sync the phone, then go back and check all the apps i want to have on the phone and re-sync again. This wold be very time consuming due to the husge number of apps I have on my iTunes. I would have to actually cut and paste or write down the current ones on my phone in order to remember which ones to put back on.

Think I'll gor with the four at a time on the home page.

Thanks Again!

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
You can delete them off the phone, just press your finger down and hold until all the icons start wiggling and show a black circle with a white x in it. Tap the "x" to delete the app.

Once all the apps you do not want, then you can use the bottom bar to move things around.