Arranging Icons

dennisd

Bronze
Nov 23, 2008
Hi,

I have a number of pages of icons and I want to reorganize them. Is there a simpler way other than to drag them over multiple pages. It would have been nice if the Device Applications page allowed you to drag the apps in the order you wanted them to appear with hash marks to delineate the 16 slot pages. Oh, well.

Thanks for any ideas
dennisd

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Is there a simpler way other than to drag them over multiple pages.
Thanks for any ideas
dennisd
That is your only option right now. For single app arangement, I leave a blank space on the first page. When I get a new app, I take something off the dock and replace it with the app. Now I can swipe to the page I want the app on and just take it off the dock to that page. I then put the original app back on the dock.

dennisd

Bronze
Nov 23, 2008
Thanks Don, that's a good idea.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
It would have been better if we could have organized them using iTunes or any other application on the computer. Drag & Drop.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Those are both great idea's :laugh2:
-The one dturner came up with is very ingenius haha :)

I just prefer it the way it is now cause when I organize my apps I arrange from the most random things haha whether it be color, or how the app is quality wise and all sorts of stuff lol!

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I have like fix or six pages actually. So I like to keep all the applications in the first pages, and then games in the end, because I barely even play any games.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I have my first page stock, second "Social Apps/Music", 3rd page Games, 4th page "music apps", 5th Business, and the 6th page Settings like Cydia/Installer and others :cool:

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
This issue is what is driving me to jailbreak my phone for categories. What I do now, esp if I am going to do massive moves of icons (like sometimes after a backup all my icons go to mysterious places) I will go to the last page and move my 4 buttons there. That allows for 4 spots on any page to be used for swapping. Still a royal pain in the ass, so much so that you would think iTunes would have something on the applications page to cover this aspect.....

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
I organize mine by using the most apps on my front page in alphabetical order. My next page are all my download app. The page after that are icons lilke that i rarely use. All of which are in alphabetical order.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I organize by categories and separate with the blank icons This link should take you to where you can down load from http://www.blankspace.zendfree.com/ to set up blank icons to create spacers between functioning groups. Copy the link and paste into your browser.