Arrival at Apple store thread

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
Just for kicks...for us folk that are buying at a local store and have on arrived...or AT&T...what time will you all be arriving to guarantee a phone on Friday?

Im thinking 4:30-5:00 am

Blueline29

Bronze
Jun 12, 2009
St. Louis
I pre-ordered and my phone's supposed to arrive at the store at 3 pm tomorrow, so in theory I shouldn't have to arrive super-early, but I'm thinking I might just in case anyway. I'd be really pissed if an extra hour of sleep cost me my new toy (that day, anyway)!

I dunno...I'll definitely be there by 7 am, but might make it a bit earlier. I'm used to showing up for work then anyway, so it won't be a huge adjustment.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
I'm going to stroll in around 2:30PM.

bobinjeff

Jun 17, 2009
Mid-MO
I'll swing by on Friday morning around 5:30 a.m.. I doubt is I'll see anyone there that early, but as it should be fun to see how many other nuts like me would get up that early. First I'll pick up a bite of breakfast to go.

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
i guess the Apple rep at the store said I am guaranteed my 16 gig per my reservation however if I want the 32 gig I should get there early....then he laughed and said"don't worry if you want your 32 gig and didn't reserve it youll still get it"...grain of salt but well see

bobinjeff

Jun 17, 2009
Mid-MO
The more the merrier, at least that's what I thought when I got stupid with my money for the 32 GB model. I'll bet you crank up your choice when you pick up your phone.

LuvKeane

Bronze
May 10, 2009
Broadway
I was really optimistic about going nice and early to my local AT&T store. But when I called earlier, they told me they were only going to have ONE line with someone walking every now and then to check who has pre-ordered phones... AND, that at 7am, they were going to open for everyone! I let him have it (the manager) and told him that AT&T themselves made the statement about letting the pre-order people go in first... So I called 611 and filed an official complaint and she told me she spoke with his manager and will supposeldy only take pre-orders between 7 and 8.

I can be a nice, shy person but I am also 6ft and over 200lbs... oh, and used to play rugby forward! So yeah, I'll have no problems yelling and getting things done. But I think I might call around lunch, ask if they've sold out, and if they have, go over and get mine.

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
im hoping less show up than last year. Someone said they averaged almost 800...can that be right?

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
im hoping less show up than last year. Someone said they averaged almost 800...can that be right?
There seemed to be a lot more last year because Apple's servers went down for several hours and pretty much stalled the lines waiting for in-store activation.

Also, Apple has announced that their stores will now be opening at 7:00am on Friday, matching AT&T opening times, but there will be no separate line for reservations.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...g_s_at_7_a_m__safari_4_0_1_bluetooth_2_0.html

Last edited by a moderator:

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
There seemed to be a lot more last year because Apple's servers went down for several hours and pretty much stalled the lines waiting for in-store activation.

Also, Apple has announced that their stores will now be opening at 7:00am on Friday, matching AT&T opening times, but there will be no separate line for reservations.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...g_s_at_7_a_m__safari_4_0_1_bluetooth_2_0.html

I went to the Apple store today to grab a case and the mgr said they are running 2 line....reserved and non, so some stores will

Blueline29

Bronze
Jun 12, 2009
St. Louis
I was really optimistic about going nice and early to my local AT&T store. But when I called earlier, they told me they were only going to have ONE line with someone walking every now and then to check who has pre-ordered phones... AND, that at 7am, they were going to open for everyone! I let him have it (the manager) and told him that AT&T themselves made the statement about letting the pre-order people go in first... So I called 611 and filed an official complaint and she told me she spoke with his manager and will supposeldy only take pre-orders between 7 and 8.
Whoa, I was scared for a sec there that they'd changed the procedure! The AT&T guy who sold me mine said something to the effect that there'll be 2 lines up until actual store opening time, with all of the preorderers going in starting at 7; once the store opens to the general public, they'll merge the 2 lines into one. I'll probably roll up a little before 7, I guess; I'll feel kinda silly if I end up walking right in and getting everything done before 8, but better safe than sorry, I suppose.

Sinn

Jun 12, 2009
Martinez, CA

That was me. The Walnut Creek Location had more than 800 reserved as of last friday, one hour before close. So I expect about 1100-1400 there. How many show up at 3am like me? Who knows?

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
They couldn't pre register me for one they didn't know how I think so they told me to show at 7:00am to receive one!

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

Redon

Apr 26, 2009
Orlando, FL
this is why I wait for about a month before I walk in the store and say "gimme all yo ifonz" haha

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Last year I got there around 9pm the night before.

I think this year I'm going to go to an AT&T store (I'm actually out of town) around 6am. Really, I just want to make sure I get a 32gb white. Hopefully 6am is early enough to do that.

LuvKeane

Bronze
May 10, 2009
Broadway
Whoa, I was scared for a sec there that they'd changed the procedure! The AT&T guy who sold me mine said something to the effect that there'll be 2 lines up until actual store opening time, with all of the preorderers going in starting at 7; once the store opens to the general public, they'll merge the 2 lines into one. I'll probably roll up a little before 7, I guess; I'll feel kinda silly if I end up walking right in and getting everything done before 8, but better safe than sorry, I suppose.
I guess it all depends on the store even though AT&T made it clear that that an hour will be given to pre-orders. The mgr here claims that the side walk is to small to hold two lines so they are going to walk down the line and fish out the pre-orders during that one hour... this might actually work better especially when it comes to Merging the two lines... how do you do that when someone may have just arrived but other people have been waiting for hours?