Asking for help w/ Kate Application

slc1noles

May 8, 2008
I'm totally freaking out!

I installed Kate and then followed a bunch of directions on how to get rid of it (hold it down till the X appears and then delete it.) My ipod touch was working fine after I did that and now today it's back to how it was. Whenever I open an application it freezes. Kate is no longer on my ipod touch...at least the icon isn't there. What can I do?

Please help! I would appreciate it so much...I don't want to have to restore my whole iPod touch.
Stacy

slc1noles

May 8, 2008
Oh my gosh...I figured it out. I had to ssh into my ipod and delete a bunch of files under library and under something in there. I can't remember what it was called. Only problem now...i can't ssh into my ipod :( I'll get there!

Gnome

May 10, 2008
When I installed kate my ipod touch started experiencing problem too I cannot scroll and one tap touch does not work in any applications. I also can't ssh because I can't change any of my setting and can't turn ssh on. I really don't want restore my ipod either. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The key is deleting everything that Kate places on the device. I'm not sure what everything is and where it is, but you will need SSH. SSH into your iPhone or iPod and open the /Applications folder, making sure that Kate.app is not there. If it is, delete it.

Also look in these folders, deleting anything that has the word Kate in it:
/Library
/System/Library
/var/mobile
/var/mobile/Media
/var/mobile/Library

- John

Gnome

May 10, 2008
I wish I could do that but I can't ssh it because that setting is not turned on. I'm not sure if there is another way to ssh but I've been looking. If anyone knows of another way to ssh or get rid of kate I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me.

May 12, 2008
I am also affected with that Kate Fever. please assist us on what the best thing to do. my iPhone is working fine after i delete the Kate icon, (as suggested) but after sometime, this Kate symptom came back. I cannot access my iPhone again.
what should i do?
IT WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED if you share us your wisdom on this Kate application.
im afraid to restore my iPhone.

Gnome

May 10, 2008
In one of the other threads d3m3tr3s said to hold down the kate icon until it was movable and proceed to uninstall it but when I got to the second message I left my ipod sit while plugged into my computer. After about a minute or so it automatically locked and the touch screen worked again so I unchecked all the things kate installed and pressed apply and then uninstalled kate and my ipod works fine now. Hope this helps.

May 12, 2008
the kate icon is not in my ifone anymore. after i did the squiggling and pressing the deleting thing, my ifone went back to normal again, but the sad thing is i wasn't able to finish the whole procedure of unstalling due to some circumstances.
now, again, the touch screen is not working any longer and i cannot access my ifone again.
is there any other way of deleting or uninstalling the darn Kate. (please take note that the icon is no longer present).

should i restore my ifone into its factory settings and all my applications and data will be deleted?

cheers!

May 27, 2008
Planet X
In one of the other threads d3m3tr3s said to hold down the kate icon until it was movable and proceed to uninstall it but when I got to the second message I left my ipod sit while plugged into my computer. After about a minute or so it automatically locked and the touch screen worked again so I unchecked all the things kate installed and pressed apply and then uninstalled kate and my ipod works fine now. Hope this helps.
does the same thing work on the ipod touch? unfortunately, ive been lookign everywhere, and everything is just about the iPhone. because. im inflicted with kate too =/
heard that it was because of the dock, and some of the files mess with caterpiller. anyways, please let me know. if you have detailedinstructions, please email me at jamisonfrost@gmail.com.
thank you!

sokolik

Dec 29, 2008
hi...I had a big problem with kate...my phone botton was not loading...got it sorted (i think). sorry, not very good at all this stuff, but will tell you in the best way I can.
I think when I installed Kate from installer it also installed something called "rip. dev" (or something like that) which went straight into my settings (I didn't have any icon or anything called Kate at all even in settings).
When problems started on my iPhone I learned about problrms others have with kate, so I went back to installer and removed it but it didn't help.
Then I installed Kate again, after that I went to settings - rip.dev - and rip dev settings. There were options of either : -enter license code, -request demo (trial) code or -buy license, so I requested a demo (trial), after that my phone started working as if nothing was ever wrong, so I went back to installer and removed Kate AND Rip. dev. applications....
Everything is working so far :)
Sorry for such a post, just hope it might help somebody

binz

Apr 6, 2009
What is SHH? And what if you are a tech moron as well as an iPhone dummy and you have this problem? KATES not actually loaded, I dunno, but Rip.dev shows as the last line is settings and then if you touch that line you see 3 KATE/CATAPillar thangs and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. It was accidentally opened to view only in Cydia and then was put in on the phone. My non ATT (TMOBILE sim ) was in the card then but the sim was removed to remove the program so my card doesn't get corrupted. If anyone can help wityh this-tyhat'd be great- meanwhile I'm going to stick my finger in a socket and wonder why it hurts! : )

binz

Apr 6, 2009
hi...I had a big problem with kate...my phone botton was not loading...got it sorted (i think). sorry, not very good at all this stuff, but will tell you in the best way I can.
I think when I installed Kate from installer it also installed something called "rip. dev" (or something like that) which went straight into my settings (I didn't have any icon or anything called Kate at all even in settings).
When problems started on my iPhone I learned about problrms others have with kate, so I went back to installer and removed it but it didn't help.
Then I installed Kate again, after that I went to settings - rip.dev - and rip dev settings. There were options of either : -enter license code, -request demo (trial) code or -buy license, so I requested a demo (trial), after that my phone started working as if nothing was ever wrong, so I went back to installer and removed Kate AND Rip. dev. applications....
THANKS ( NOT SHOUTING)BUT I DIDN'T GET ANY OF THOSE OPTIONS_ NOW WHAT? UUUUGGGGHHHH continued! : )

binz

Apr 6, 2009
THANKS ( NOT SHOUTING)BUT I DIDN'T GET ANY OF THOSE OPTIONS_ NOW WHAT? UUUUGGGGHHHH continued! : )

binz

Apr 6, 2009
How did you go back to the "installer" -meaning thew cydia apps list? It's not on my phone and I do not want to demo it -just want it off, any recoomendations for a non tech nerd-- more like a slo- learner needing help! : )