Asphalt 4 Elite Racing In App Store Now!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Now, THIS is the kind of racing game I've been waiting for. The ability to play some of the world's greatest cars.

This is how the game looks like on other cell phones:

The cool thing about the iPhone version is that instead of the vertical screen, it uses the screen HORIZONATALLY like the other iPhone racing games.

I think might be get it! Even if it's $9.99.

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
Now, THIS is the kind of racing game I've been waiting for. The ability to play some of the world's greatest cars.

This is how the game looks like on other cell phones:

The cool thing about the iPhone version is that instead of the vertical screen, it uses the screen HORIZONATALLY like the other iPhone racing games.

I think might be get it! Even if it's $9.99.
In app store now? I cant find it.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
In app store now? I cant find it.
Here's a direct link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=289651516&mt=8

I just downloaded it and played a few games.

It's interesting that you can choose your controls, either pressing on the screen to turn OR using the accelerometer. I use the accelerometer.

Also, you can CHOOSE to play the game vertically OR horizontally. I find that playing it vertically has more finer controls although you do run out of screen.

I tried the Nissan 350Z first. Now, I'll try the Mini... :cool:

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
oh thx! I was just about to buy Billy Frontier. I'll try this instead.

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
just played a lap or 2. Excuse my French but this game is the crap! Best race app yet. The music & control is smooth in my opinion. It's some fly crap

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
just played a lap or 2. Excuse my French but this game is the crap! Best race app yet. The music & control is smooth in my opinion. It's some fly crap
I wholeheartedly agree! Love taking out my opponents. And I love unlocking new cars! :cool:

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
how do you change the option to hear your own music? Also, how many crashes did you guys get? I crashed a few times in the option menu

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
how do you change the option to hear your own music? Also, how many crashes did you guys get? I crashed a few times in the option menu
If you turn off the game sound you should be able to hear your own music. I'll try it out too.

I only crashed once during a game. But, that after I played a LOT of races before that. I rebooted and I was fine. This game takes up a lot of resources.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hmmm... I don't know how to use my own music from the iPhone. Can't use the iPod in the game (that I know of). Turning off the sound doesn't do it automatically.

Oh well... more racing. Paris is crazy! :)

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
saw this game last night on the app store wasn't interested then but now that all you guys are loving it i think im going to go ahead and buy it right now :)

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
saw this game last night on the app store wasn't interested then but now that all you guys are loving it i think im going to go ahead and buy it right now :)

from what i have played so far it is kinda like gran turismo on the iPhone.

So far i like the stearing with my thumb!
There was a youtube video out before the iPhone released last year that is almost just like the stearing in this game.

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
Which ones have you bought so far? I only got Crash Bandicoot, which still fills a "Mario Kart" need in my gaming life. :p
i bought crash and motochaser. crash is pretty fun and sometimes extremely hard for me to steer. motochaser is the same way, the steering is impossible and never works right. sometimes i think my accelerometer is messed up.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
from what i have played so far it is kinda like gran turismo on the iPhone.

So far i like the stearing with my thumb!
There was a youtube video out before the iPhone released last year that is almost just like the stearing in this game.
Gran Turismo is a very good comparison.

I like that there's 3 different ways you can play the game. I tried using the tapping. I never tapped in the correct areas. The accelerometer was hard to use at first horizontally. It was easier to use vertically. Then, I weaned myself into playing horizontally. I tried the steering wheel but I was too used to the accelerometer.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
i bought crash and motochaser. crash is pretty fun and sometimes extremely hard for me to steer. motochaser is the same way, the steering is impossible and never works right. sometimes i think my accelerometer is messed up.
So, how is the steering for you in this game? Also, does your accelerometer work well when you switch viewing modes in other apps? There IS a bit of a lag when swtiching viewing modes but if your accelerometer is bad it would either not work at all or intermittently.

At least for me in Asphalt and Crash, the accelerometer is quite sensitive so small movements are picked up. That's been the trick for me. Just don't do a lot of BIG movements.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Here's a direct link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=289651516&mt=8

I just downloaded it and played a few games.

It's interesting that you can choose your controls, either pressing on the screen to turn OR using the accelerometer. I use the accelerometer.

Also, you can CHOOSE to play the game vertically OR horizontally. I find that playing it vertically has more finer controls although you do run out of screen.

I tried the Nissan 350Z first. Now, I'll try the Mini... :cool:
you be good to that mini! Im a mini technician (making the mini at the only place in the world that makes minis)