Asphalt 4 Elite Racing

Dec 30, 2007
Anyone own it? I really don't like racing games, but I'm tempted to give it a try (IGN gave it a score of 9 out of 10). I recently downloaded Space Monkey and purchased Critter Crunch whenever it first came out on the App Store; both are great time killers!

SwingOnThis

Bronze
Feb 29, 2008
I have Asphalt 4 and it's a great game, however i'm reluctant to play it for too long because my phone heats up to the point where i turn the game off out of fear.

Barachus

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
asphalt 4 is a great game i play it all the time and i have to say i have never noticed that heating issue

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
If you "really don't like racing games" I would avoid this one. Seeing as how it's a racing game.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
I have it and sadly lost my progress. It's probably going to be the best racing game in the app store until that need for speed game comes out.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I personally waiting for a first person flight/spaceship dogfight game. Use to phone's accelorometer to control flight, tap right for guns, tap left for Rockets, flick your finger straight up the screen for 3 sec thrust...

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I have it, and thought it was kinda cool at first, but now that i've had it for awhile, seems more like a $1.99 app rather than a $9.99 app.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I have it, I think the graphics are a tad lower quality than I expected. Game controls are interesting, I wish they were reverse ... Steer with accelerometer and control your drifts by tapping screen. Steering by touching the screen is clumsy for me, I do have big thumbs.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have it, I think the graphics are a tad lower quality than I expected. Game controls are interesting, I wish they were reverse ... Steer with accelerometer and control your drifts by tapping screen. Steering by touching the screen is clumsy for me, I do have big thumbs.
I can steer with the accelerometer... you need to check your settings.

And we'll see if the Need For Speed can give us better graphics without sacrificing performance.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have it, and thought it was kinda cool at first, but now that i've had it for awhile, seems more like a $1.99 app rather than a $9.99 app.
I think it's worth $9.99. It has the MOST content of any iPhone game out there: 28 different customizable cars and motorcycles, 12 racing locations, 5 different types of races, multiplayer option over wi-fi, 3 different steering options and ability to play vertically or landscape.

It's not worth it if you don't like racing games, however.