Assigning Ringtone to ALL contacts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
seems ridiculous, but i cannot mass-assign an iTunes ringtone to my contacts list. i just want to use one ringtone so i went into settings, sounds, ringtone and selected the desired tone. regardless, when the phone rings it's Marimba...always Marimba. i don't one to edit each contact individually...any help?

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
I may be misunderstanding you, but... you want to apply one single ringtone to all incoming calls? Or one ringtone to all contacts, and a different one to all incoming calls from unsaved numbers?

If it's the former, then you just go to "Settings > Sounds > Ringtone" and select the ringer you want. If it's the latter, I don't think that that functionality is built into the phone at this point. Someone else please correct me it I'm wrong.

Are you saying that you went through the process of selecting a ringtone, but it's still ringing "marimba" even though you selected a different one? If so, that's very strange! I would take it to a genius bar if you have one near you.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
If you choose a ringtone under Settings-->Sounds-->Ringtone it will be the default ringtone.

If call comes in and you get Mirimba instead then that contact's ringtone is probably set to Mirimba. It's possible that it was set to something else, that is no longer available: if a ringtone assigned to a contact has been deleted, it will revert to Mirimba.

--
Mike

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
I wish we were able to assign specific rings to individual contacts. I also wish we were able to assign specific rings to different functions (incoming call, voicemail, text message, email message, etc.).
Maybe in a future update. Till then, one ring for all functions, thus all contacts.