Assistance requested - can't sync photos

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
This issues started with the 2.0 software update. I did update to 2.01 last night and am currently using the version 1 iPhone. Now that I have updated to 2.01 I can finally finish a sync. Prior to that it would never end so I never knew what I was going to get on a backup or sync. The problem that still exists is that under the photos tab I select a folder that I want added to my phone and it does not do it. Even now that the sync will finish it still will not.

Has this happened to anyone? If so if you could get it fixed what did you do? Do I need to delete my backup or something or do something under the hood (running OS 10.5.x) to fix this? Any advice would be great!

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I have noticed since ugrading to 2.0 than 2.01 that the syncing process takes a lot longer. No secret here. However I also noticed that sometimes iTunes will skip contact or photo sync. Try the following:

1- Open iTunes and uncheck and recheck sync all photos. Make sure the proper folder is selected. Than hit the apply button on the bottom of the iTunes screen.

I have found when I do this (very rare a full sync usually works) that the items being missed on prior sync will than sync.

Good luck

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Try the following:

1- Open iTunes and uncheck and recheck sync all photos. Make sure the proper folder is selected. Than hit the apply button on the bottom of the iTunes screen.

I have found when I do this (very rare a full sync usually works) that the items being missed on prior sync will than sync.

Good luck
I have also used this method on rare occasion and it works for me.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Thanks! Will try this tonight.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
You could also try deleting your backup file which could possibly be corrupt. Then you'll have to allow iTunes to create a new backup which unfortunately will be time consuming since it will treat it like a brand new operation. I've done this and it works well... after there is a good backup file in place it takes less than 2 minutes to complete each subsequent backup following.