Assorted iPhone problems

nosybonk

Mar 5, 2009
hi all

first of all the left speacker does not work on the phone

secondally: the new 2.21 doesn't update it takes 19 minutes then it says "you connection has been lost please try again" even though the connection hasn't gone off

and finally i hate the fact there isn't bluetooth

thanks for looking and please help me

ibrencent

Bronze
Oct 25, 2008
Palm Harbor, FL
So by saying the left speaker doesn't work also means that the phone doesn't even ring? I believe the iPhone's only have one speaker and it is located on the bottom left side of the phone. If the phone has no sound coming out of this speaker then I would take it to a genius and see if they can get it figured out or replaced.

Maybe your iTunes application has a bug in it. Try uninstalling then reinstalling iTunes and then try the update. Sometimes even just closing and reopening the program will give it a nice refresh.

The phone does support bluetooth headsets it just doesn't support stereo bluetooth. This sucks I know and I wish Apple would give it the ability to do this because I have a bluetooth stereo in my car.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
There is only one speaker on the iPhone. The other one is the microphone.

When you say 2.2.1 dodesn't update, do you mean it won't install properly to the phone, or won't download fully from Apple? If it's the latter, it's probably just a temporary issue with their servers, so try again later.

And there is bluetooth, it just doesn't do all the things that other phones can do with bluetooth. Someday, maybe...

nosybonk

Mar 5, 2009
i mean there is 2 speakers just one gone now and the mic is a little dot in the middle at the bottom near the charge

and i try it a week in a row the 2.21 update it downloads it then brings an error

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
iPhones only have one speaker. You may need to restore it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
When I updated to 2.2.1 I had problems with Apples server too. You'll have to keep tryig in order to finish the download.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
i mean there is 2 speakers just one gone now and the mic is a little dot in the middle at the bottom near the charge

and i try it a week in a row the 2.21 update it downloads it then brings an error
Lets try to rephrase this better for you. Looking at the picture above,
One side is a speaker, one side is the mic. They both look like speaker for the sake of uniformity, but trust us, one is a mic.
The part of your post I underlined is suspect, because I can pretty much guarantee you that no one else here has a little hole next to the charge port for the mic on their Apple iPhone. Both sides should look exactly the same (holes on the V1 and wire screens for the 3G) on either side of the charging port. If yours has a single little hole, then it's entirely possible you have a iPhone Clone ( iClone) and not the real deal, which would explain at least a portion of your problem, since those phones cannot be updated with Apples firmware and shouldn't even be recognized by iTunes.