AT&T a bunch of money grubbing bastards

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

captain4004

Bronze
May 2, 2007
Charleston SC
I swithed to Cingular now The New AT&T 5 months ago based solely on the exclusive iPhone offering, I have a MacBook also. When I signed up they said I would have to put down a $300 (wtf):mad: deposit so I opted for their GoPhone program (which cost me $67.00 per month) I did it with the intension of up-grading later.

Since then I have bought a house and opened another line of credit, on 2 other occasions with the last being today I went back to see if AT&T would still require the deposit and they did. I told the agent if I am going to up-grade my service, purchase a $600 phone, buy accessories and a data plan, you mean to tell me AT&T can't or won't consider waiving the deposit or at least reduce it by half since I am about to spend over a $1,000 dollars? Her responce was I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do.:(

Of course since she was a pee-yon I asked for the store supervisor and his responce was "I can't do anything because my boss says we can't change the rules regarding deposits but sometimes things change blah, blah, blah........

This is so stupid, I can go to any other carrier and none of them would require a deposit of no more that a $150.00. Even after calling AT&T's customer service I got basically the same responce "there is nothing we can do. I asked them even at the risk of losing me as a customer, I still would have to invest $300 of my money intrest free with your company for a year before you would give it back to me :mad: well ain't that a *****, if you are going to screw me like that, please at least kiss me.

Well I have one ace in the hole, I have a friend that works for AT&T, they told me that employees get a 40% discount on purchases and they would buy the phone for me and just tell the store it's a gift for someone. He just told me yesterday that his bosses said if iPhones sells were strong during the 1st couple of weeks then no discounts as they want to milk every customer while demand is hot then after things cool off then employees may get a discount.

I might just hold out and play the waiting game, but nevertheless "he who creates the game, also makes the rules" and AT&T I still think you're a bunch of money grubbing bastards.:mad:

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I swithed to Cingular now The New AT&T 5 months ago based solely on the exclusive iPhone offering, I have a MacBook also. When I signed up they said I would have to put down a $300 (wtf):mad: deposit so I opted for their GoPhone program (which cost me $67.00 per month) I did it with the intension of up-grading later.

Since then I have bought a house and opened another line of credit, on 2 other occasions with the last being today I went back to see if AT&T would still require the deposit and they did. I told the agent if I am going to up-grade my service, purchase a $600 phone, buy accessories and a data plan, you mean to tell me AT&T can't or won't consider waiving the deposit or at least reduce it by half since I am about to spend over a $1,000 dollars? Her responce was I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do.

Of course since she was a pee-yon I asked for the store supervisor and his responce was "I can't do anything because my boss says we can't change the rules regarding deposits but sometimes things change blah, blah, blah........

This is so stupid, I can go to any other carrier and none of them would require a deposit of no more that a $150.00. Even after calling AT&T's customer service I got basically the same responce "there is nothing we can do. I asked them even at the risk of losing me as a customer, I still would have to invest $300 of my money intrest free with your company for a year before you would give it back to me :mad: well ain't that a *****, if you are going to screw me like that, please at least kiss me.

Well I have one ace in the hole, I have a friend that works for AT&T, they told me that employees get a 40% discount on purchases and they would buy the phone for me and just tell the store it's a gift for someone. He just told me yesterday that his bosses said if iPhones sells were strong during the 1st couple of weeks then no discounts as they want to milk every customer while demand is hot then after things cool off then employees may get a discount.

I might just hold out and play the waiting game, but nevertheless "he who creates the game, also makes the rules" and AT&T I still think you're a bunch of money grubbing bastards.:mad:
Well, I guess we know where you stand.

Feel better now?......:cool:

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
AT&T I still think you're a bunch of money grubbing bastards.:mad:
I went to T-Mobile for a short while to get a SK, and they didn't charge me any deposit, at all. I went to Nextel at the same time, and they wanted $500 as a deposit. I think the number has a lot to do with how much the company really needs your businesss, honestly. lol

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
you have poor credit. att has to protect themselves in case youre not diligent about making payments on time as you have before. mistakes have consequences.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Yeah, AT&T sucks. Afterall it's not my fault that I missed paying a some bills here and there which resulted in my crappy credit. Damn AT&T, damn Visa, damn them all to hell! IT'S NOT MY FAULT!

captain4004

Bronze
May 2, 2007
Charleston SC
yeah U R right

Ok already!:sick: I admit it I'm a frickin fanboy,:oops: Hell yeah I'm still getting an iPhone on Friday but sometimes it feels good to vent:p DAM YOU I SAY DAM YOU ALL!:laugh2:
VIVA LA iPhone!