AT&T account pricing

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
guys i went to my att account on att.com went to hardware upgrade and its says that im not able to get the special pricing for the new iPhone 3g s, i have to pay 699$ for 32gb what is going on?

i know that like 1 month ago i lost my iPhone and went to store and purchased a new one paid like 550$ with tax

guys can you please explain me why i can not get the iPhone for special pricing even though i i paid the full price for the replacement iPhone?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Probably cause it's only been a month since your last subsidy. 550 sounds like a 16BG 3G at the subsidized price of 499 with a 2 year contract. Full retail price (no commitment pricing) is 599 and 699. So you got a 200 dollar discount. They will let you do it again, just not so soon.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
To get my first iPhone I upgraded early and paid somewhere around $550 and I am now not eligible for any cheaper pricing. So since you have upgraded early they are not willing to give you the upgrade early price again. You are going to be stuck for a while unless you pay the $599 or $$699 price. If you think you are prone to losing the iPhone again I would suggest getting mobileme so you can get the new 'find my iPhone' feature allowing you to track it with the GPS, send a message to it with information about returning it to you, and performing a remote wipe. I don't have mobileme and have never lost my iPhone, but am considering getting since it is cheaper than replacing my phone if I ever lost it.