AT&T Activation Servers Overloaded

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
OK 2 minutes after I hit send for my last post my iPhone 4S sprung to life. OMG I AM LOVING SIRI! :)

I said Siri, what is the best smart phone in the whole universe and she replied, "What, there are other smart phones?" lol :)

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
OK 2 minutes after I hit send for my last post my iPhone 4S sprung to life. OMG I AM LOVING SIRI! :)

I said Siri, what is the best smart phone in the whole universe and she replied, "What, there are other smart phones?" lol :)
lol, i just asked that same question and she said "The one your holding"...pretty neat random generator algorithm programed in here.. also told Siri to remind me to pick up eggs or whatever when i leave work, it sets up a geo fence around work, and as soon as i break the fence to go home i get a reminder...simply amazing.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Wow. I guess the 24th time was the charm. Restoring now. Anxious to try Siri.

Slave2Leia

Oct 7, 2011
I did an activation attempt over the air and rather then saying you'll get an email it said turn off and back on and try again. So I did and it worked. I hope this helps.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
As an FYI I did not activate on-board the 4S or through iTunes. AT&T must have done it on their end it just happened. I (nicely) begged and pleaded I guess they did it.

Michael

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Which do you do first, sync with iTunes or do the activation or does it matter?

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
My set up was smooth as butter. Did the activation that went through right away & setting the phone up was easy too.