AT&T Activation Servers Overloaded

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I hadn't touched the phone. Entered all the info & activated then just plugged into iTunes & it pretty much set itself up.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Finally got it working over-the-air. That took about 3 hours and 15 minutes although a lot of that was me driving and having lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Not sure what to do at this point. When I first turned the phone on, I was going to go through the on-screen steps...but it was kind of difficult and annoying (for some reason) so I just plugged it into my computer. Now all of my music/apps/emails/etc are on the phone but it says "no service" and does not have my phone number registered. (I am upgrading from the iPhone 4). I know I can bring it to the AT&T store in the morning...but I'd kind of like to have my phone tonight. Suggestions?

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
It's because you have to activate the phone. Should be a web address that came in the box. You don't just turn it on.

screeema

Bronze
Jun 13, 2009
I hope someone can help me, I just got my phone, went through activation and sync, the phone
shows AT&T with full bars, I get mail...but can not make calls, get a recording that calls are not
allowed from this number...and..my iPhone 4 is still working!
I don't know what to do!

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
It's because you have to activate the phone. Should be a web address that came in the box. You don't just turn it on.
Did that. Chatting with AT&T customer service now and they say there is a terms & conditions hold...but i accepted them...this is strange.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Not sure what to do at this point. When I first turned the phone on, I was going to go through the on-screen steps...but it was kind of difficult and annoying (for some reason) so I just plugged it into my computer. Now all of my music/apps/emails/etc are on the phone but it says "no service" and does not have my phone number registered. (I am upgrading from the iPhone 4). I know I can bring it to the AT&T store in the morning...but I'd kind of like to have my phone tonight. Suggestions?
Try rebooting it. It might activate overnight. Otherwise, take it to AT&T tomorrow morning - that's what I had to do.