AT&T all ready says my iPhone is back-order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by No-25, Oct 7, 2011.

1. No-25

No-25 Member
    Bronze

Att all ready says my iPhone is back-order and I ordered it at 4:00 AM

2. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

Dam that's sucks. glad I didn't preorder yet. That's what happen to me on my iPad 2 AT&T was doldrums out so I called Apple store they had them. I just go there and get the phone .

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Member
    Bronze

WHAT? when did you order? Maybe they say backorder because technically they can. Damn Sprint gave me a window from the 14-15...they better be right

4. No-25

No-25 Member
    Bronze

got Confirmation email at 3:56 AM

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

To the OP: I wouldn't worry about it. My order says the same thing. If you look at it, it says, Item Status: Processing and then the Shipment Status: says Backorder as of today 10/7/11. That could just be langauge they put in their system representing things that are not shipping yet because they are not officially available. I don't think it actually means what it says. We're talking about AT&T and there have been a myriad of problems ordering with Unlimited Data Grandfathered and then having to accept a different Unlimited Data 4S package to people having CC problems.

All I can say is don't worry. I don't think that is the acutal real status of the order that is not going out yet.

Here is the bright side:

If it is actually backordered, you can always cancel the order, as they will not charge you by the time launch day is here because they aren't sending anything out and if you have an Apple store near you, or AT&T store, if you wanna go that way, you can pop into the store and buy the iPhone 4S on launch day or the day after or the day after that.

I know if this turns out to be true, all is not lost. I can and will cancel my order and take the trip to the city to get the phones.

6. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Contributor
    Bronze

That's what I'm doing go to the AT&T store if not go to Apple store its 13 miles away from me.

7. MarieM

MarieM Member
    Bronze

The same thing happened with ATT during iPhone 4. It changed once the plane landed on US soil. But it was 2 weeks of nerves trying to trust that the 49 people I talked to at ATT weren't lying to me. So they call it backordered until they physically update their inventory in their system. I did receive it on the first (early) shipment.

8. No-25

No-25 Member
    Bronze

thanks everybody, i feel better now

9. Frumious B

Frumious B New Member

I just checked the status on my order with the AT&T site and it says "Processing". I placed my order around 4:30-4:45AM Eastern time.

10. No-25

No-25 Member
    Bronze

what does your shipment status say

11. Frumious B

Frumious B New Member

It says "backordered" as well, just noticed that, but I imagine what was said upthread is likely correct. They don't have the inventory actually in their system yet and "backordered" is the only status option they have for the situation at hand.

12. trnsilver

trnsilver Zealot
    Gold

I agree with the posters who think "backordered" is implying the one-week waiting period. It means it can't be sent to you now.

13. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I want to cancel mine and AT & T can't do it lol I have 2 phones on one upgrade line

14. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

what link are you using to check?

15. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I had trouble using the Apple store app & ordered through phone call to AT&T. In my case, my CC & billing address is a PO box. I merely called to sort that & was able to order the 4S on the same call. yes!

16. MNJON

MNJON Member
    Bronze

They just hammered my credit card for the full amount! At 4am, they charged $1 to it... now they charged the total.... Hmmmmm

17. No-25

No-25 Member
    Bronze

18. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

I get this...........................
    OS001: We apologize for the inconvenience. We cannot complete your request at this time. Please wait at least 24 hrs from placing your order, before checking the status of your order online. If the problem persists, please call us at 1-888-333-6651 for further assistance. NOTE: An email may have been sent to your email address on file. Please check your email which may have additional information about your order.

19. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot
    Gold

Check it through the order #, not your tx #. When I check with the order number, it shows "in progress", but if I check through my mobile number, I get the same wait 24 hours message.

20. NewGuy

NewGuy Member
    Bronze

Ya mine says back-ordered too but theres no way since I ordered mine at 3:05am Eastern. It says the SIM and the Freight is back-ordered too... How do you back-order freight LOL