AT&T are major thiefs!

Jun 12, 2009
hey guys mr.reggaeton here...

Rigth now i happen to be in the country where im from which is dominican republic, and did you guys know that ATT is charging me 19.97 dollars per EACH megabyte that i use in data, 1.95 for each minute that i use in a call, and 1.55 for each minute that i use in a call when somebody calls me, i think that is 50 cents per text message that i receive and 1 dollar for each text that i send...

I HATE ATT..i soon as i get back to america im unlocking and going to sprint...what do you guys recommened me ?

Jul 4, 2009
You definitely cant use any other phone but a Sprint phone with Sprint. I just came from them, after being with them for 8 plus years and trying the Palm Pre as my last phone, to AT&T for the iPhone.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I HATE ATT..i soon as i get back to america im unlocking and going to sprint...what do you guys recommened me ?
Put it in airplane mode, turn wifi on, and don't use it for anything else. If you have your laptop...unlock it with redsn0w (to jailbreak) and ultrasn0w (to unlock) and get a local SIM card.

Saurabh

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
VA
Tell them your phone malfunctioned and you WILL NOT pay that bill. Ask to speak with a manager.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The most cost effective way to travel with an iPhone, is to unlock it and buy prepaid SIM cards in the countries you visit. You can still use it on AT&T if it's unlocked, or you can switch to T-Mobile.

Jun 12, 2009
Put it in airplane mode, turn wifi on, and don't use it for anything else. If you have your laptop...unlock it with redsn0w (to jailbreak) and ultrasn0w (to unlock) and get a local SIM card.
yes i know...i´ve been here in dominican republic for a week and i´ve had it on airplane mode...and im using wifi on it...my phone is already jailbroken but i don't know how to unlock it..help ?

Jun 12, 2009
Sucks when you sign a contract after having never read it.
hahahaha...wow your right...but imagine that your the 1st in line to get the last iPhone...and your new to ATT...would you read the contract ?:):):):)

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
While I know it doesn't cross everyone's mind, but when you go out of the country, you should always contact your carrier and find out what the rates are and if there is a "sub-plan" you can add for international calls till you get back.
Generally, there is usually something available for like $20 bucks and then a small per usage charge compared with the standard international raping that you apparently experienced.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
While I know it doesn't cross everyone's mind, but when you go out of the country, you should always contact your carrier and find out what the rates are and if there is a "sub-plan" you can add for international calls till you get back.
Generally, there is usually something available for like $20 bucks and then a small per usage charge compared with the standard international raping that you apparently experienced.
This is the best info Hawk said. I once went to the Caribbean and came back and cost a small fortune (cut into my wine money) AT&T told me about the subplan, went again last year and it only cost me $30

Jun 12, 2009

lol..your right, and of course im not dumb, what i said was what ATT will charge you if you use internet or text or anything else, i was just saying the prices and that there extremetly high and crazy, i never got this charges and please God help me not to, but of course i called and ask about the prices and everything, and everything was simply to expensive, the operator simply said that its easier to just put it on airplane mode for the time you will be gone...

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
hahahaha...wow your right...but imagine that your the 1st in line to get the last iPhone...and your new to ATT...would you read the contract ?:):):):)
Actually yeah I read everything I sign thoroughly. It makes some people impatient and they start trying to explain it to me but I take my time and make sure I understand what the hell it is I'm signing.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Good to see you back KNK!