AT&T Billing Question

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by topcat84, Oct 7, 2016.

1. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Hi Guys!!
    My Jet Black 256GB 7+ will not be shipped until November 23rd-December 1st, but yesterday the wife and I learned that the Chase Visa card I used to pay the taxes, (all that was due for the order), had been compromised. Chase overnighted a new card and I've already reset my AT&T auto pay with the new card. My question is........should I call AT&T and give them the new card info for the 7+? I dread calling them and having them screw up my order that I initiated back on September 14th. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers!!

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

In my opinion, it would be better to bite the bullet and make the dreaded phone call than to risk your order being cancelled later on because they attempted to bill your cancelled credit card. This could result in further delays to your iPhone 7 Plus order.

Addendum: Put another way, what’s worse? A five- to ten-minute phone call with an AT&T rep, or a 7-day-or-longer delay on the shipment of your iPhone 7 Plus?

#2 Rafagon, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, call AT&T as soon as possible and give them the new card number. It won't delay the order.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

This might also help make things just a bit easier for you. If it’s the being on hold, and the having to navigate AT&T's interactive voice response (IVR) system—if that’s what you hate about having to call AT&T, then this site might come in handy:

AT&T: Call Me Instead

It’s a great site; you merely imput your phone number, and the site goes through the trouble of getting the rep on the phone for you. When the rep has been reached and is ready to talk to you, you will get a phone call from AT&T. The only caveat is the site requires you to log in to it via your Facebook or Google Plus credentials. Not a big deal, most of us have one or the other already.

And for the small percentage of us who don’t, you can register at their site using any of your e-mail accounts and choosing a password.

If you need additional help with this site please don’t hesitate to ask.

5. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Imput? or input?

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

You got me!

I meant to write “input,” not “imput.”

My bad!

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

If we referred all spelling goofs to my thread, we'd all be guilty! :D

8. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Hi Guys!!
    Thanks for all the replies. I did talk to an AT&T rep yesterday and he seemed unsure but said he thought everything should be fine since I'd already let them know of my new Chase card number for Auto Pay. My worry still involves the invoice AT&T gave me, which clearly has the closed out credit card number associated with my preorder. Should I call back again and ask for a billing supervisor? I just have a VERY uneasy feeling about waiting all this time and them cancelling the order. The AT&T rep seemed to think they'd email or text me if they tried to use the old card number, but I'm not real confident in them doing that. Is it possible they'd just cancel the order or would they contact me before doing that? Thanks in advance. Cheers!!

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

What I would do is to ask for a reprint of your invoice. It’s something they should be able to do. Then look at the credit card number printed on the reprint, and if it’s still the old credit card number, then definitely call back and ask for a billing supervisor. Seemed unsure and he thought everything should be fine don’t exactly expire confidence in the competency of that person you spoke with.

I like the online chat feature. You could ask for a supervisor via the online chat feature. Get him to say that he’s postiive your order will be just fine. Do not relent until he actually says that or something that’s equivalent to that. Then be sure to click on the option to ask for a transcript of your conversation sent via e-mail before you close the chat window. That way you have proof that they old you everything was fine, should something go wrong.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Did you mean instill or inspire?

11. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Wow, I can’t believe I did that. Brainfart. Senility must be setting up camp inside my brain! Yes, most definitely, I meant inspire.

Am I going to have to start composing my posts in MIcrosoft Word or Pages and perform a grammar check on them before posting them here? :eek:

12. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I just found another error in the last sentence. I wrote old instead of told.

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Ah. Yep. I only read the first paragraph.

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Mod note: moving the whole shebang to my grammar thread. :D