AT&T Blocking Out June 15-July 15 for iPhone Launch

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT
An internal AT&T email to employees limiting vacation requests during the June 15-July 15th timeframe, citing the likely "biggest selling period we have seen in a few years."

To ensure proper staffing during the product launch period, Sales personnel planning to take approved time off are encouraged to schedule their vacations before June 15 or after July 15 to participate in the iPhone launch.

Previously approved vacation will be allowed where voluntary rescheduling is not feasible

No additional vacation requests will be approved during the launch period (6/15 – 7/15).

Lob

Bronze
Jan 22, 2007
Glastonbury, CT
They won't delay because of all the hype. That would make the company look horrible! But, this also makes me nervous that they will rush it and that there will be some bugs with the phone.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I'll be glad when we get a definitive date from Apple or Cingular. It it's going to be June, then we should hear something anyday.
I am anxious to know a date as well. Unfortunately, I think we are going to have to wait until Steve Job's Keynote at WWDC on June 11th and that is still about 30 days away :(. Hopefully I am wrong and we will find out any day, but I doubt it.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I am anxious to know a date as well. Unfortunately, I think we are going to have to wait until Steve Job's Keynote at WWDC on June 11th and that is still about 30 days away :(. Hopefully I am wrong and we will find out any day, but I doubt it.
My desktop gadget countdown timer is still counting down to June 11th, but I think we'll know something before then. It'll have to leak out of the Cingular system before then. Too many entry level employees for something not to leak out.

May 6, 2007
United States
My desktop gadget countdown timer is still counting down to June 11th, but I think we'll know something before then. It'll have to leak out of the Cingular system before then. Too many entry level employees for something not to leak out.

Well, again, JeffBobula says it will be the 29th, that his friend leaked it to him. I know this could change, but for now, it's the best we have. Check out his thread.