AT&T brings back unlimited data plans for DirecTV and U-verse users

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
If you are a DirecTV or U-verse subscriber and you link that account up with your wireless account, you will be able to opt for an unlimited data plan—which includes unlimited talk and text—for $100 per month for a single smartphone. Additional smartphones cost $40 each, and the fourth one nets you a credit that makes that line free.

It is not known if this includes tethering.

A paragraph in the article on The Verge states that "'Unlimited' means unfettered access up to 22GB per line," though it is unclear to me if this limitation applies to grandfathered unlimited data plans or to this new unlimited plan as well.

The new AT&T plans will be available starting tomorrow, and I'll either update this post or add a follow-up post as more information becomes available.

can-stock-photo_csp15210914small.jpg
Protip: I see no reason why four friends or co-workers (not just four members of the same family) couldn't consolidate their bill to get the cheaper monthly rate.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I saw this yesterday. So, four lines on unlimited calls, text and data would run $180 + taxes/fees - discounts. You pay for three lines and get one free. I did not see the 22 GB/line though.