At&t bumps throttling cap to 22GB on grandfathered UDP's

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by iErik, Sep 16, 2015.

1. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Good news for those who held onto your UDP's from At&t. They now won't begin throttling (on congested towers) until you hit 22GB. This is just going to make my 6s Plus experience even sweeter!

Still no tethering, but it's a start! :)

Article here.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

That's cool of them to make unlimited more "unlimited." :rolleyes: I finally relinquished my UDP after 6 1/2 years. I switched to a Mobile Share Plan to save some money and receive a discount through the Next plan. I may have used more than 3GB a month 4-5 times in that time, and more than 5GB once. I was kinda sad to let it go in a way, but I really didn't need it and now I have the tethering option built in.

3. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Do you have to pay extra for tethering?

4. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

The Mobile Share plans include tethering.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, it's free. All of the newer plans include it. It's one of the perks of ditching unlimited data.

6. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Give me the 22gb over tethering any day.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, if you need lots of data it's better to keep unlimited. I've never used more than 2 GB in a month, so I'd rather save money with the new mobile share plans than throw it away on data I'm not using. I have 3 GB plus rollover data, so I have plenty and my bill is less than $60 per month (not including the hardware charge through Next). Tethering comes in really handy frequently.

8. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

I also noticed this morning that At&t upgraded me to unlimited minutes from the 450/month plan. Minutes has never been an issue but it's still nice to have :)

9. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

I travel to Austin often. No wifi at the condo down there. And I am always streaming music. So this is great. :D

10. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I wish they still offered a 3GB plan. When I switched to Mobile Sharing last week the only options relevant to me were 2GB and 5GB. I routinely use between 2-3GB so I had to go with the 5. I'm still saving money, so I can't complain too much.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The 3 GB is the same price as the 2 GB. They upgraded us for free. We just had to go into the app to select it. I'm not sure if they are still doing it. I'd give them a call and check.

12. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Good idea, thanks! :)