AT&T Business Rep just told me...

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
So I called AT&T Customer Service to inquire about a couple of features on my company issue BlackBerry 8800. I was transferred to a Business rep, who took care of me. We started talking about the iPhone. He seemed to have a true enthusiasm for the device, saying "Just wait until you see it, it's better in person... It will blow you away." He told me a few things of interest...

- Current AT&T customers in contract will pay the same $500/$600 for the iPhone as new customers.
- Those customers that are eligible for an upgrade or have a businesss sponsorship on their account, might see minor discounts but the iPhone will have to be purchased through AT&T.
- Corporate AT&T will not discriminate b/w new or current customers. They will sell the iPhone to anyone. The same policy has been issued to the corporate stores, however there is little they can do if an individual store chooses to only sell it to new customers.
- Preorders will start 6/11 via the internet at att.com/wireless and Apple.com. The iPhone will be available at AT&T and Apple stores on the week of 6/25. Apple is looking at two dates - 6/26 or 6/29.

Just another rumor so take it for whatever it's worth.

:cool:

nvenice

May 31, 2007
under a rock
So I called AT&T Customer Service to inquire about a couple of features on my company issue BlackBerry 8800. I was transferred to a Business rep, who took care of me. We started talking about the iPhone. He seemed to have a true enthusiasm for the device, saying "Just wait until you see it, it's better in person... It will blow you away." He told me a few things of interest...

- Current AT&T customers in contract will pay the same $500/$600 for the iPhone as new customers.
- Those customers that are eligible for an upgrade or have a businesss sponsorship on their account, might see minor discounts but the iPhone will have to be purchased through AT&T.
- Corporate AT&T will not discriminate b/w new or current customers. They will sell the iPhone to anyone. The same policy has been issued to the corporate stores, however there is little they can do if an individual store chooses to only sell it to new customers.
- Preorders will start 6/11 via the internet at att.com/wireless and Apple.com. The iPhone will be available at AT&T and Apple stores on the week of 6/25. Apple is looking at two dates - 6/26 or 6/29.

Just another rumor so take it for whatever it's worth.

Okay, that's the most SATISFYING rumor I've seen. Thank You!

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
But I imagine Steve Jobs' "loose lips squad" is now hot on this rep's trail. :)

tompayne

Bronze
Apr 12, 2007
"Preorders will start 6/11 via the internet at att.com/wireless and Apple.com."

that actually makes a ton of sense, we live in a world of preorders. hopefully it's true, because i would def. leave work that day to preorder.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
"Preorders will start 6/11 via the internet at att.com/wireless and Apple.com."

that actually makes a ton of sense, we live in a world of preorders. hopefully it's true, because i would def. leave work that day to preorder.
That would totally jive with the data coming out on the number of units available in stores at launch. If they can push more orders through the internet it makes the launch distribution model (headache) much more simple.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
This is encouraging. I hope your businesss rep is correct on all points. The only other thing I would like to know is when we can expect the iPhone to arrive if we pre-order it on June 11th.

slipperypete

Bronze
May 20, 2007
Great news, I hope it is true

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
I've heard from several places that it will be available to purchase on the 11th. I sure hope they don't do "preorders" on the 11th for a later date. We've been waiting for so long already, that would just annoy me.

I'm going to be at a large Cingular/ATT store in Atlanta the morning of the 11th. It's really close to an Apple store, so between the two of them, I hope to snag an iPhone.

I WILL have an iPhone the day it actually hits the streets... :D

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
This is encouraging. I hope your businesss rep is correct on all points. The only other thing I would like to know is when we can expect the iPhone to arrive if we pre-order it on June 11th.
I second this question...order by the 11th, receive on the 26th/29th assuming one of those two dates are picked? I'd almost pre-order if that was the case, just to save myself from having to camp.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I second this question...order by the 11th, receive on the 26th/29th assuming one of those two dates are picked? I'd almost pre-order if that was the case, just to save myself from having to camp.
I would too. I don't really want to spend the night in front of an At&t store.:(

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I assume that it will be delivered the same day as when it is released in stores.

rebelace

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Beaumont,Texas
www.thechadburge.com
I hope this isn't the truth I want Steve to come out and say it will be in stores the 15th thats it. and maybe do a preorder through the Apple website for there stock. But online preorders have never worked out for me that well.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I believe what that rep more than others because he actually sounds like he knows what hes talking about. I hope the pre-order thing is correct. Will save a lot of time and effort for me. After waiting for the PS3, I think Im about camp'd out for some time.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I assume that it will be delivered the same day as when it is released in stores.
Yeah, but if they can't promise me that, then I'll be standing in line like everyone else on release day.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I will be ready to jump in my car and speed to the Apple Store the minute I read that pre-orders are now being taken if Jobs says so on the 11th.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I will be ready to jump in my car and speed to the Apple Store the minute I read that pre-orders are now being taken if Jobs says so on the 11th.
I think this guy said pre-orders will only be done online from AT&T and Apple. I agree though. IF he said pre-orders start today, I would be online at that moment. I've had good luck ordering from Apple's and At&t's online stores.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I think this guy said pre-orders will only be done online from AT&T and Apple. I agree though. IF he said pre-orders start today, I would be online at that moment. I've had good luck ordering from Apple's and At&t's online stores.
But I kinda wanted to go get mine at the store. If I pre-ordered, would I get that the same day that it came out? Would they ship that out like the day before?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
But I kinda wanted to go get mine at the store. If I pre-ordered, would I get that the same day that it came out? Would they ship that out like the day before?
That's the big question that we all want answered. If they can't guarantee same day delivery as the in-store release, then I'll be buying at the store just like everyone else.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
This is the second time I have heard that online pre-orders will start on the 11th. On another forum, a member claiming to be an AT&T employee gave this same info a few days ago. He also said that AT&T will announce the data plans available for the iPhone next week. We should know the truth soon.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
That's the big question that we all want answered. If they can't guarantee same day delivery as the in-store release, then I'll be buying at the store just like everyone else.
Likewise. I'm not gonna be able to stand waiting even a day more while other people have theirs.:(

Did anybody on here pre-order an Apple TV?