AT&T Business Rep just told me...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
This is the second time I have heard that online pre-orders will start on the 11th. On another forum, a member claiming to be an AT&T employee gave this same info a few days ago. He also said that AT&T will announce the data plans available for the iPhone next week. We should know the truth soon.
Good! The waiting is getting nerve-wracking!:sick:

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
That's the big question that we all want answered. If they can't guarantee same day delivery as the in-store release, then I'll be buying at the store just like everyone else.
Yeah, if it ends up being released on the Friday the 29th and they don't deliver the same day you will have to wait until Monday. I am pretty sure they don't deliver on Saturday.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yeah, if it ends up being released on the Friday the 29th and they don't deliver the same day you will have to wait until Monday. I am pretty sure they don't deliver on Saturday.
I'm sure they'll use FedEx just like they do with the iPod, so they won't be delivering on Saturday. Like I said though, if they can guarantee same day delivery on the day they're released in stores, I'll probably by from Apple or At&t online.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I'm sure they'll use FedEx just like they do with the iPod, so they won't be delivering on Saturday. Like I said though, if they can guarantee same day delivery on the day they're released in stores, I'll probably by from Apple or At&t online.
Just imagine the wait for the Fed-Ex guy to come to your house that day:eek:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Just imagine the wait for the Fed-Ex guy to come to your house that day:eek:
That could be tough too. Especially knowing that other people have already been using their new iPhones since 9AM that morning.:mad:

Arrakis

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Just imagine the feeling and thought of trying to break into a Apple store, the night before it comes out.

OHH how it will be torture to us lol :laugh2:

Austinsdc

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
This is the second time I have heard that online pre-orders will start on the 11th. On another forum, a member claiming to be an AT&T employee gave this same info a few days ago. He also said that AT&T will announce the data plans available for the iPhone next week. We should know the truth soon.
Will you have to buy a data plan?

Bender

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Virginia
Pre-Order is they only way to go... Who wants to go through that mad rush at the AT&T store?

nvenice

May 31, 2007
under a rock
I was thinking the same thing, how do you choose a data plan if you buy the phone online? Do you need to call AT&T when you get the phone?
No, we'll have to sign up for the plan when we order the phone. Both Apple and ATT will be prepared to sign us up. They've already started training Apple employees on the Cingular...sorry, ATT packages.

May 6, 2007
United States
So I called AT&T Customer Service to inquire about a couple of features on my company issue BlackBerry 8800. I was transferred to a Business rep, who took care of me. We started talking about the iPhone. He seemed to have a true enthusiasm for the device, saying "Just wait until you see it, it's better in person... It will blow you away." He told me a few things of interest...

- Current AT&T customers in contract will pay the same $500/$600 for the iPhone as new customers.
- Those customers that are eligible for an upgrade or have a businesss sponsorship on their account, might see minor discounts but the iPhone will have to be purchased through AT&T.
- Corporate AT&T will not discriminate b/w new or current customers. They will sell the iPhone to anyone. The same policy has been issued to the corporate stores, however there is little they can do if an individual store chooses to only sell it to new customers.
- Preorders will start 6/11 via the internet at att.com/wireless and Apple.com. The iPhone will be available at AT&T and Apple stores on the week of 6/25. Apple is looking at two dates - 6/26 or 6/29.

Just another rumor so take it for whatever it's worth.

:cool:
Interesting. I know it is just another rumor, but it certainly seems like the most official one yet. This rep seemed like he knew what he was talking about, and I look forward to seeing if he is right. Although we can't trust anything unless it comes from Apple officially, this seems pretty good to me. Can't wait!

P. S. I think preordering is also a great way to do it, as long as they have sufficient supplies to do so and it is done in an organized fashion. And it would be great to have it delivered on the day of release, as you guys have said.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
i'm going to play it ridiculously safe.

if there is an online pre-order, i'm going to do it.

however, if something comes up where the phone doesn't show up on the date of release, i'm going to go into the stores and try to buy another one.

if i end up with 2 i'll just sell the other on ebay. however, i'm not going to gouge like others....i'll probably sell it at retail cost just to get it off my hands and let some other lucky person have the phone as well.

May 6, 2007
United States
i'm going to play it ridiculously safe.

if there is an online pre-order, i'm going to do it.

however, if something comes up where the phone doesn't show up on the date of release, i'm going to go into the stores and try to buy another one.

if i end up with 2 i'll just sell the other on ebay. however, i'm not going to gouge like others....i'll probably sell it at retail cost just to get it off my hands and let some other lucky person have the phone as well.
Sounds like a good plan to me. I hate it when people buy these new gadgets and sell them on eBay for inflated prices. I see the concept behind this, but I think they need to leave the product for the people who really want them.

You could just give the other back on the 30-Day Guarantee, though, if you do end up with two. This would save you the trouble of getting it on eBay and the other person the cost of shipping.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
:) Loose lips squad has been banished. They are talking now.