AT&T/Cingular coverage in Washington, DC?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Popeye

Sep 10, 2007
My apologies if this has been addressed.

How do I find out what the quality of coverage is in a certain area? Specifically, Washington, DC. I've seen reviews of AT&T's cell coverage that vary dramatically from region to region.

I once had AT&T cell service (5+ years ago) and it was awful! I mean really, really bad. I could rarely talk for more than 5 minutes without dropping a call. But I know that much has changed since then.

I'm with Verizon now and I am reasonably happy with my cell phone service, but I want an iPhone. Any suggestions on how I might find out how good the cell service is in my area? AT&T's (or any carrier's) coverage maps are worthless as far providing info on the quality of service.

Thanks.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
No apology necessary!

AT&T has a coverage map on their website. That's probably a good place to start.

Hopefully some folks who live there and are currently using AT&T will drop in and give you their personal opinion.

Just as an FYI, their service has improved in my area (South Mississippi) significantly over the last 2 years or so. It's very likely it could be the same there.

The one thing that I can guarantee is that you will LOVE your iPhone if you choose to get it!

Good luck!

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I live an hour outside of dc but spend a lot of time in the city. While I complain a lot about coverage where I am as being marginal, I've never had a problem in or around the city. Its probably safe to say its as good as you are going to find from att.

bstrand

Sep 11, 2007
No worries:

I live literally 5 minutes from the White House, on GWU's Foggy Bottom campus, and I have had very few problems with reception. I only recall having lost a call once, and my cell reception is generally very good, even in our old dorm buildings, which are usually terrible for getting a good signal.

Bender

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Virginia
DC area coverage is good. My only beef is you lose your single when you are underground in the Metro. Verizon is the only one that has that beat.