AT&T Corporate iPhone?

Avonalliv

Jan 15, 2008
Microsoft Exchange Server. Basically when people want to share files and businesss information through Outlook they have to run through Microsoft's Exchange Server. Wiki Link
im not asking what exchange is. i am asking if it will provide full exchange support for corporate customers- ie full contact/calendar/note sync, push capabilities, etc.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
im not asking what exchange is. i am asking if it will provide full exchange support for corporate customers- ie full contact/calendar/note sync, push capabilities, etc.
That's the long-term goal. That explains why Apple was taking resumes for people with MS Exchange experience.

I can't really tell from that article whether the iPhone will support Exchange now or whether they will just be able to sell iPhones to corporate accounts. I'm betting it's just selling to corporate accounts.

Maybe it won't be long before we have full compatibility on Exchange servers.

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
ATT/Legacy B

in old bellsouth community, prior to sbc takeover.. the blackberry and other smart phones/pdas had most of this internal market..it just seems like a naturally fit for att to go with something like corp email over iPhone..

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
in old bellsouth community, prior to sbc takeover.. the blackberry and other smart phones/pdas had most of this internal market..it just seems like a naturally fit for att to go with something like corp email over iPhone..
I just hope they don't want to charge extra for a normal consumer to have Exchange support on their iPhone. I can see charging extra for corporate accounts, because they get discounts on voice plans and use tremendous data, but some of us use Exchange and foot the bill ourselves.

Avonalliv

Jan 15, 2008
I just hope they don't want to charge extra for a normal consumer to have Exchange support on their iPhone. I can see charging extra for corporate accounts, because they get discounts on voice plans and use tremendous data, but some of us use Exchange and foot the bill ourselves.
god, that would be ridiculous. nothing extra has to be installed on the server side. it could basically be added on to 1.1.4, right? on the corporate side, is there a licensing fee for each individual mobile exchange user?

spampy22

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
There is no extra cost for mobile part of exchange. Each user has an Exchange Cal that gives them rights to there email anywhere. Exchange users also have web access called OWA. Think of the blackberry service called BIZ or BEZ. BIZ is hosted by RIM and BEZ is loaded locally on the servers for more managability.