AT&T disabling online accounts, asking customers to re-register?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Did anyone else get an e-mail from AT&T like this?

allcustomers.png

I already re-registered, it wasn't an especially painful process, but something rather important must have happened for them to do something so radical. Usually, when a company's customer information is compromised, the most they will ask is that you change your password.

I Googled "AT&T breach hacking" and the most recent incident seems to have ocurred on or around October 7th, 2014.

Last edited:

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
No, I don't think so. Sorry, I can't read that. Can you please post a picture that doesn't require zooming or clicking to expand? Thanks.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
You're pure evil! :D Do you know how many years of intense psychotherapy coupled with high-dosage, twice-daily anxiolytics it took me to finally get over my compulsion to post those instructions?!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Call AT&T, ask them and then update your thread.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
This is the only thing recently I received from AT&T via email:

Dear Valued Customer,

It's great to see that you've already set up your usage alert message preferences. Managing your account will be easier than ever with customized alerts.

You may have noticed that your preferences aren't active now. We had to turn them off temporarily while we make a fix to our system.

Don't worry. You won't have to do a thing to reactivate the alerts you've already set. They'll automatically come back on May 4. If you want to adjust your preferences, you'll be able to do that starting on May 20.

Questions? Call us at 877.273.3124.