AT&T dropped the ball big time

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Such a scrutinized launch and they've barely done anything rigth. Now the EDGE service is totally out, haven't been able to log into my AT&T account for days and they seem so lost. Too bad.

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
My iPhones web-browser and iPod crash when I try to do both at once. That's a shame. I don't like the fact I can't send or receive picture messages anymore...email only! My Treo was able to picmessage and so was the razr for crying out loud. I think (hope) that can be fixed in upcoming patches. We'll see.

My AT&T service has been great so far and I love how the wireless pops up whenever a network is available.

For the most part the phone has far exceeded my expectations!

But yes, I tell my friends (who are not as into the phone as me) to wait for version 2.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
You didn't understand what I wrote?
You're having problems individual to you. I have had no problems with the EDGE network since launch, and still have not, up to this moment.
The picture MMS CAN BE DONE, for the 400,000th time! JESUS CHRIST!

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Edge service has been down most of the day here in Phoenix. I understand it's a "west coast" issue. The iPhone is pretty much useless to me when I am on the road, driving and can't get data service. Can't send or receive emails, can't get the SMS message that AT&T supposedly sent me hours ago, can't see my visual voicemail, can't use those pretty "stock" and "weather" icons. The list goes on and on.

AT&T service sucks and their giving Apple a bad name.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
You're having problems individual to you. I have had no problems with the EDGE network since launch, and still have not, up to this moment.
The picture MMS CAN BE DONE, for the 400,000th time! JESUS CHRIST!
Did I say anything about MMS? The entire country lost EDGE service. The entire country can't log into their account. A huge number of people had activation issues and they aren't helpful at all with any of them.

Good talking to you though.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Actually, the United States of America dropped the ball..EDGE 2.5 is ancient technology. And the US still having problems with it while the rest of the world is rolling out 4.0 blazing fast speeds... what a shame USA, what a shame

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
The entire country isn't having a problem with EDGE service. I'm in the Chicago area and my EDGE is working just fine.

I've been with Cingular/ATT for years, both in California and here in Illinois and I've never had a problem.

Did things go wrong with this launch? Of course. But I highly doubt ANY other wireless company would have gotten through it without any problems. This was a HUGE endeavor and it was bound to have problems. Verizon, TMobile, all of them would have had issues with something this big. It's just the nature of the beast.

slipperypete

Bronze
May 20, 2007
The entire country isn't having a problem with EDGE service. I'm in the Chicago area and my EDGE is working just fine.

I've been with Cingular/ATT for years, both in California and here in Illinois and I've never had a problem.

Did things go wrong with this launch? Of course. But I highly doubt ANY other wireless company would have gotten through it without any problems. This was a HUGE endeavor and it was bound to have problems. Verizon, TMobile, all of them would have had issues with something this big. It's just the nature of the beast.
Very well said