AT&T Employees to get 10% off new iPhone

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I just thought I would post this in case there are any other AT&T employees on these forums. I discovered this link on the AT&T intranet. http://cfrp.cingular.net/EnterUserId.jsp
Enter your AT&T user id, then fill in some info and they email you a coupon good for 10% off the new iPhone.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Of boy! $20-$30 credit for AT&T employees. I guess it's better than nothing.

May 6, 2007
United States
I guess this doesn't mean as much as the original case where most Apple employees could get a free iPhone, but it's still good. It's a small amount off, but the cost of the phone is already low, and it's better to have $20 off of $200 than $60 off of $600. Good luck with the new phone :).

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Well we didn't get anything off the V1 iPhone. So Im with you Cols, better than nothing. You can look at it this way, this covers 3 months of the 10 bucks extra the new data plan will cost!

May 6, 2007
United States
Well we didn't get anything off the V1 iPhone. So Im with you Cols, better than nothing. You can look at it this way, this covers 3 months of the 10 bucks extra the new data plan will cost!
I guess that is a good way to put it. It's a free pass for the service deficit of three months. Or one could look at it as a month of service for the new iPhone. Good luck.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I guess this doesn't mean as much as the original case where most Apple employees could get a free iPhone, but it's still good. It's a small amount off, but the cost of the phone is already low, and it's better to have $20 off of $200 than $60 off of $600. Good luck with the new phone :).
+1

And its better than nothing.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I just thought I would post this in case there are any other AT&T employees on these forums. I discovered this link on the AT&T intranet. http://cfrp.cingular.net/EnterUserId.jsp
Enter your AT&T user id, then fill in some info and they email you a coupon good for 10% off the new iPhone.
Sweet. Didn't even think of checking the intranet yet. Does this have an expiration because I'm holding out for a few months?

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Sweet. Didn't even think of checking the intranet yet. Does this have an expiration because I'm holding out for a few months?
Here is the fine print...looks like it expires 11 months from the release.

Certificate can only be redeemed in a participating AT&T Company-Owned Retail Stores, expires on 06/11/2009 and is limited to available inventory. All active, U.S. -based management and non-management (bargained and non-bargained) AT&T employees are eligible for the discount with the following exceptions: Employees based outside the United States, employees in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico or Guam, and employees in AT&T Government Solutions, USi, Yellowpages.com, Sterling Commerce, LM Berry & Co., Berry Network or Stevens Graphics. All iPhone accessory purchases, including Apple Protection Plan and iTunes cards, are ineligible for discount. The AT&T Employee Discount Certificate is non-transferable and may be used for purchase of one iPhone. AT&T Employee Discount Certificate cannot be redeemed for cash or applied as payment or credit to your account. Certificate cannot be combined with any other promotion. Sales tax calculated based on the actual price of the equipment. Device(s) may be returned to an AT&T company-owned store within 14 days from date of purchase, and will be subject to a 10% restocking fee if opened. Devices must be packed in their original, unmarked packaging including any accessories and manuals included with the device. All rights reserved. 2007 AT&T Knowledge Ventures.

May 6, 2007
United States
Nice pickup with the fine print. That's nothing that I wouldn't expect from AT&T, but good luck to all those employees with the discount. Let me know what you think :p.

Feb 4, 2008
10% nomore

I received an email stating that the 10% does not apply for the 3g iPhone and is only good for a few more days for the original iPhone..

May 6, 2007
United States
I received an email stating that the 10% does not apply for the 3g iPhone and is only good for a few more days for the original iPhone..
This doesn't make any sense, because the original iPhone is no longer available.

Are you sure this wasn't a mistake?

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
I read that my Corporate Discount will finally apply to the new 3G service. About time, tired of only getting a discount on one phone (BlackJack) on my contract.

Feb 4, 2008
All I am saying is that I work for AT&Tand in my company email, it said 10% discount does not apply to the 3g iPhone. Take from it what you will. I wish I was able to get the discount.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
All I am saying is that I work for AT&Tand in my company email, it said 10% discount does not apply to the 3g iPhone. Take from it what you will. I wish I was able to get the discount.
I too work for AT&T and did not receive that email. Not only that but the fine print on the coupon I printed up says it is good till 2009. So, give it some time, you might get a revised email saying you do get the discount.

Feb 4, 2008
Maybe it has something to do with what part of the company we work for. I work for the landline side. I will check again today. I am hoping I am wrong.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Maybe it has something to do with what part of the company we work for. I work for the landline side. I will check again today. I am hoping I am wrong.
No jafa, I think you are right. A coworker of mine just mentioned that as well. But he also said he heard they were going to roll out a new employee discount plan, one that might also include a discounted rate for the data package. Ill believe that when I see it.

Feb 4, 2008
I agree with you I will believe it when I see it. They don't usually give us to many lil perks.

00vdub

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Here is the fine print...looks like it expires 11 months from the release.

Certificate can only be redeemed in a participating AT&T Company-Owned Retail Stores, expires on 06/11/2009 and is limited to available inventory. All active, U.S. -based management and non-management (bargained and non-bargained) AT&T employees are eligible for the discount with the following exceptions: Employees based outside the United States, employees in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico or Guam, and employees in AT&T Government Solutions, USi, Yellowpages.com, Sterling Commerce, LM Berry & Co., Berry Network or Stevens Graphics. All iPhone accessory purchases, including Apple Protection Plan and iTunes cards, are ineligible for discount. The AT&T Employee Discount Certificate is non-transferable and may be used for purchase of one iPhone. AT&T Employee Discount Certificate cannot be redeemed for cash or applied as payment or credit to your account. Certificate cannot be combined with any other promotion. Sales tax calculated based on the actual price of the equipment. Device(s) may be returned to an AT&T company-owned store within 14 days from date of purchase, and will be subject to a 10% restocking fee if opened. Devices must be packed in their original, unmarked packaging including any accessories and manuals included with the device. All rights reserved. 2007 AT&T Knowledge Ventures.
I work at an authorized agent location, does that mean I will not get the discount?

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I work at an authorized agent location, does that mean I will not get the discount?
If you are not an AT&T employee, you will not get the discount. Hell, now Im not even sure AT&T employees are getting it!