At&t inside source says $40 required data plan

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
From the same AT&T inside source that snapped the pics of the training manual yesterday, modmyiPhone is reporting that the data plan will be $40 for the iPhone. No other details posted yet, but I'll try to post them in this thread as they come out.

Also, there will be a sim slot according to the guy in training.

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
That's steep. They better have a smaller plan, i plan on using WIFI a lot.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
That's steep. They better have a smaller plan, i plan on using WIFI a lot.
If that turns out to be solid, then it'll weed out some of the buyers on the 29th. $40/month is a big bite. That's as much as I pay for my broadband each month.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Yeahhh.... as much as I want to check my email while waiting for my dentist appointment... I think I'll be using Wifi 90% of the time. I really hope he's just talkin nonsense.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yeahhh.... as much as I want to check my email while waiting for my dentist appointment... I think I'll be using Wifi 90% of the time. I really hope he's just talkin nonsense.
Well, he's going through iPhone training this week; that's how he got the pics of the training manual yesterday. He's risking his job by leaking things to us.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I don't doubt that it will be a required $40 data plan. I'm already paying $40 for my AT&T data plan now so it makes no difference to me. However this might be a huge turn off for other people on other carriers considering switching to AT&T just for the iPhone.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Maybe its bs, Not saying thats not what he was told but think about it maybe they put different info in different books to see if someone would spill the beans. Maybe they can identify them that way.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I don't doubt that it will be a required $40 data plan. I'm already paying $40 for my AT&T data plan now so it makes no difference to me. However this might be a huge turn off for other people on other carriers considering switching to AT&T just for the iPhone.
Well it is consistent with the $39.99 plan for sure. I guess we were just hoping for a break because of the high price on the phone.

Also, I hate to pay broadband price for EDGE speeds.:(

DrDent

Jun 2, 2007
If this is true, they don't need to have 3 million ready by the 29. With my blackjack right now I get unlimited 3G and 200 text-multimedia messages for 19.99.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If this is true, they don't need to have 3 million ready by the 29. With my blackjack right now I get unlimited 3G and 200 text-multimedia messages for 19.99.
that's my point. OF course unlimited data and 200 text is not unlimited data and text, but it is steep.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Maybe its bs, Not saying thats not what he was told but think about it maybe they put different info in different books to see if someone would spill the beans. Maybe they can identify them that way.
Maybe it is, but p_f is confident in this source. And, he did come through yesterday with the training manual pics.

If Attingular could get back online, maybe he could confirm this price.

adamjohn_98

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Maybe it is, but p_f is confident in this source. And, he did come through yesterday with the training manual pics.

If Attingular could get back online, maybe he could confirm this price.
Tell me about it, we need Attingular!

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
If this information is being given to all AT&T people that are being trained, I am sure we will hear confirmation soon.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If this information is being given to all AT&T people that are being trained, I am sure we will hear confirmation soon.
Once productprofresno gets trained, he can fill everyone in with the details!

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
If this is true and its a required data plan, then Att has just signed the suicide note for this phone. I will not buy it. Like ColsTiger said as well, my freak'n high speed(ISP fee and DSL line together) is cheaper than $40. That is absurd. Its slow ass edge for gods sake. Don't even try to defend this.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Yeah, Ebrunn is right. This is ridiculous.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
It'll definitely weed out a lot of potential buyers.
More than a lot. I'm sorry, but Att/Apple needs to give us something to help justify this thing not having 3g and compensate for it. A cheap <$20 a month plan would have done that. If this is true, I will sell/short a lot of my Apple stock.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
It'll definitely weed out a lot of potential buyers.
Yes it will. I wouldn't be surprised if it causes more people to pass on the iPhone than the $600 price tag will. Let's hope if this is true, that they offer other data plans along with this one. Maybe they will have an unlimited data plan with limited/no texting for less.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yes it will. I wouldn't be surprised if it causes more people to pass on the iPhone than the $600 price tag will. Let's hope if this is true, that they offer other data plans along with this one. Maybe they will have an unlimited data plan with limited/no texting for less.
yep. $480/year is rich for a data plan if you're not paying for one now. I'm only paying $2.99/month for 100 text messages.