AT&T insurance or Apple insurance

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
What is the advantage over insurance from the carrier compared to AppleCare plus?

I know with Verizon it even covers loss/stolen

I know with best buy as long as you give them a iPhone dead or broken you have give something and not say I lost it. With that said I'm assuming Apple will be the same way.

How much is AppleCare deductibles?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can get it replaced the same day at an Apple Store instead of waiting for them to ship a new one. It sometimes takes Best Buy a couple weeks to get a replacement. If you need to get the phone replaced for whatever reason and don't live near an Apple Store, they will waive the $29 two-day shipping fee and ship it for free. Tech support is extended from the included three months to two years. It's pro-rated, so you'll get a portion of your $99 back if you cancel/sell it before the end of the two years.

It's a $50 deductible.

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
Sounds like a better deal and cheaper than monthly insurance over the course of a year plus if there is tax on top of it

Does it cover accidental damage?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It covers two incidents of accidental damage. It doesn't cover theft or loss. That type of insurance costs more. The main factor I look at is how fast I can get a replacement. I also prefer to go through Apple because it seems to put you in a VIP status with them. Using a cheap loner phone from Best Buy for two weeks would completely suck.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Sounds like a better deal and cheaper than monthly insurance over the course of a year plus if there is tax on top of it

Does it cover accidental damage?

Apple Care will cover 2 incidents of accidental damage with a $50 deductible..

I always get Apple Care over carrier insurance..

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
Next iPhone 5 I'm gonna do AppleCare plus.

I never lost a phone knock on wood.

I would have considered it if I knew Apple care plus existed when I got my 5