AT&T Introduces New AT&T Mobile Share Value Plans starting tomorrow

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Unknown.jpeg
AT&T will unleash new Mobile Share Value plans tomorrow. These new, promotional plans offer more for customers including 15GB for the price of 10GB.

Customers on a new 15GB plan or higher will also receive unlimited talk and text to Mexico and Canada, eh!

“There’s never been a better time to be an AT&T customer!!” exclaimed David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
They've restructured them all:

I'm assuming we will remain grandfathered into our current plans until we explicitly choose otherwise?

I think I may change my current 3 GB plan to the new $10-cheaper 2 GB plan… I don't leave the house nearly enough to warrant paying more for the 3 GB monthly plan.

PS: I like your chart better than the one AT&T provided on their press release.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I'm assuming we will remain grandfathered into our current plans until we explicitly choose otherwise?

I think I may change my current 3 GB plan to the new $10-cheaper 2 GB plan… I don't leave the house nearly enough to warrant paying more for the 3 GB monthly plan.

PS: I like your chart better than the one AT&T provided on their press release.
I got the chart from a Cnet article. And, I might upgrade to the 5GB plan from my 3GB for $10 more. Wifi in my house sucks and I approach 3GB monthly. Rather pay $10/month more for 2 extra GB than $15/each additional GB overage.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I am on the $100/10gb plan that I was able to get upgraded to 20gb back when they were doing the data doubles. That doubled data helps with 5 iPhones and my iPad on our account.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
50+ GB/month is a lot. Are you tethering your phone rather than paying an ISP for home internet?
I'm debating canceling my home internet and phone with Verizon FiOS but keeping the TV. I don't do much on the internet anyway. If I need to do something major, I can use my work internet. What do you think?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I hope I don't have to go up to 20GB's! I love the Rollover Data and we usually have a spare 5GB each month that goes over sometimes more, but this month we are approaching critical mass LOL!! We've already used 16GB worth of Data and we have 2 days left. I hope Hubby won't mess it up or else they'll charge us an additional $15 and give us 1GB.

I thought we could make it with 15GB and 20GB with Rollover, but with Hubby getting the 6S+ I don't think 15GB will be enough this year. DANG!!

Nevertheless, I can change my plan when I order the new iPhones if it's necessary. I want to hold out and see how we handle the month of September before I upgrade. I just hope the plans stay in place because if they don't I'll have to do it sooner than later.

Last edited:

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
50+ GB/month is a lot. Are you tethering your phone rather than paying an ISP for home internet?
You don't have wifi?
Nope, I've got wifi at home (and have to use it, my apartment is a faraday cage and cell service doesn't work inside)

I watch a lot of podcasts, though, and depending on whether I'm home much or not, those downloads might happen on cellular.