AT&T iPhone 4S upgrade - How will this work?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by KabaModern, Oct 6, 2011.

1. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

I currently have an iPhone 4 on the $30/unlimited data, which is not eligible for an upgrade. The other line on my plan is an iPhone 3GS with $25 data plan, and it IS eligible for an upgrade.

Can I safely pre-order on Apple tomorrow under the other line for eventual use on my line? How does this all work? What is needed to be done once I receive the iPhone 4S? I will be giving my current iPhone 4 to the other line.

Has anyone done this before and can explain how this works? I don't want the data plans touched on either line.

Thanks for your help.

2. rollinfromhell

Gold

You should be okay with just swapping sims once the old line is activated. However, you should call AT&T and tell them to note that on your account now so when you call back on iDay, you can just tell them to swap the lines out. My mom did that for me last year.

3. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

As long as you activate the iPhone 4GS with your SIM, you should be fine. I have 3 lines. The 1st and 3rd line are eligible but the new phone will be used on the 2nd line. When I receive the new phones, I will just swap SIM's before even turning them on.

4. rollinfromhell

Gold

Yeah I wasn't able to do that last year.. cause you know. LOL. Wouldn't fit if I even tried.

5. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

Awesome, thanks a lot - I figured as much but just wanted make sure.